Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All Ireland Final tickets thread (Buying/selling/swapping etc.) Mod note post #1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,798 ✭✭✭✭kippy

ifah wrote: »
    If you're going to quote - at least quote correctly.

I didn't complain about getting tickets at all - never have and never will.

The argument was about whether people who support the GAA all year round and enjoy going to matches that they may not have geographical interest in but have a huge emotional interest in should be allocated tickets or not.

People come on here and state that all the fair weather supporters who turn up for semi / final day and then disappear back into their Premiership or whatever sport for rest of the year should be allocated tickets before the people who care about the games whether their county is playing or not.

I (and lots of others) think this is rubbish.

I quoted you word for word and my response stands.

In my opinion the counties should be given preference.
    If the counties dont sell it out, let it off to the remainder of the clubs.

Fairweather fans or not they have more at stake than the neutrals and from the GAA's perspective, indeed the participating counties, wouldn't it be good for them in the longer run if they managed to get some "fair weather fans" on board, and turned them into regular fans, attending plenty matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

If you don't find the swap you are looking for; I'll buy your tickets. Pm me if you want my number as a backup, can collect up to 11am Sunday from pretty much anywhere in Ireland, and anywhere in Dublin there after

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

kippy wrote: »
    I quoted you word for word and my response stands.

In my opinion the counties should be given preference.
    If the counties dont sell it out, let it off to the remainder of the clubs.

Fairweather fans or not they have more at stake than the neutrals and from the GAA's perspective, indeed the participating counties, wouldn't it be good for them in the longer run if they managed to get some "fair weather fans" on board, and turned them into regular fans, attending plenty matches.

Can you guys just stop. Like children for god sake. This thread is for "Buying/selling/swapping etc." - Take your petty squabble to PM if you need to prove your points that much to each other. NO ONE else is interested.

BuzzFish wrote: »
    Can you guys just stop. Like children for god sake. This thread is for "Buying/selling/swapping etc." - Take your petty squabble to PM if you need to prove your points that much to each other. NO ONE else is interested.

True.
    Am out and apologies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭ifah

True.
    Am out and apologies.

Agreed - it's an emotive subject and should be debated separately, but just to point out this thread was about All Ireland Final Tickets (.... etc) - not buying, swapping, selling ONLY.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭ifah

I had initially thanked this but just withdrew the thanks again.

I have gone back through this topic again and there are numerous debates on here discussing how fair the Season ticket is, Parnell pass, Chairde Maigh Eo, ticket allocations etc - lots of people are interested in this debate.

I'm not going to debate it further here but I just felt the need to respond to your childish outburst above - the discussion starts at page 1 with regard to ticket allocation.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

ifah wrote: »
    I had initially thanked this but just withdrew the thanks again.

I have gone back through this topic again and there are numerous debates on here discussing how fair the Season ticket is, Parnell pass, Chairde Maigh Eo, ticket allocations etc - lots of people are interested in this debate.

I'm not going to debate it further here but I just felt the need to respond to your childish outburst above - the discussion starts at page 1 with regard to ticket allocation.

I'm very sad now ;)

The allocation debate is a good one but maybe you should start a thread on the subject...
    This thread is entitled "All Ireland Final tickets thread (Buying/selling/swapping etc.)"... From the title I would assume this means that the thread is for buying and selling and swapping etc. You can click the New Thread button and start one called "The fairness of the ticket allocation system" or whatever title takes your fancy. It's really easy to do :D

I am very childish on most Fridays but it being All Ireland weekend has just multiplied my childishness by 100. God I can't wait for Sunday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,817 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

So Back on topic - Anyone got All Ireland Football tickets they would like to sell?

PM me please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

I'd also love 2 AI football tickets (anywhere), if anyone has any spare, unlikely n all as it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I'm very sad now ;)

The allocation debate is a good one but maybe you should start a thread on the subject...
    This thread is entitled "All Ireland Final tickets thread (Buying/selling/swapping etc.)"... From the title I would assume this means that the thread is for buying and selling and swapping etc. You can click the New Thread button and start one called "The fairness of the ticket allocation system" or whatever title takes your fancy. It's really easy to do :D

Chill out dude.:P The original title of this thread was 'All Ireland Final Tickets'. For the past 3 weeks, people have been discussing any and everything to do with tickets, not just selling, swapping or buying them. A few days ago, the mods stickied it & changed the title over its current one & asked people to put all ticket related matter in it. This was to cut down on all the individual threads about tickets clogging up the boards.

As the majority of posts then were about people looking to swap/buy/sell tickets, I imagine that is why they chose the new title that they did, but it is still a general ticket related thread. The AI final ticket allocation is always going to be a meaty topic of discussion. It's not fair to tell people now that they can no longer discuss it in this thread, just because you don't want to read about it, when they've been doing so for the past 3 weeks.

• Advertisement

If anyone has two footfall tickets available I'll bite the hand off them for them! Would love to bring my nephew who is a massive Dublin fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭almostover

Have 1 Nally ticket for the hurling and am looking for another!!! Will consider any ticket though. PM me if you have something

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Claw09

Have two davin stand tickets together looking to swap for two hill with difference paid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,939 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

got 2 premium tickets thanks to toutless. online at the right time. hope everyone gets sorted. cant wait for sunday up the deise (hope clare win too)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mc_hammered

managed to get a hill ticket during week but others going yet to secure.

whats the best place to pick up ticket on the day? just go around quinns/big tree and ask is it? obviously the touts will be out in force but looking for face value.

and what about saturday night? where would be best place to look. please dont send me to flannerys :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭caper23

2 nally to swap for 2 stand together plus 80 euro

Anyone???

• Registered Users Posts: 47 joemcg18

hi, i have a lower davin stand ticket, looking to swap for a hill 16 ticket, pm please, thanks
    Joe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭m0ynihan

Anyone at all selling 2 tickets for tomorrow? We're getting desperate :(

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭davyd07

Unlikely as I know it might be, if anybody is looking to offload 2 AIF Football tickets I would snap them up and travel to collect.

Here's hoping!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭boo-yaw-ka-shaa

Looking for one ticket for tomorrow! location doesnt matter, anyone?? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Laneyh

Any hope of getting tickets on the day ? On the off chance anyone has tickets I'm looking for 2 tickets anywhere in the stadium

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭cson

Laneyh wrote: »
    Any hope of getting tickets on the day ? On the off chance anyone has tickets I'm looking for 2 tickets anywhere in the stadium

You've a fair chance if you go down early to the Big Tree/Quinns with some sort of sign saying you want tickets.

There were loads of tickets floating around Quinns for the first match last year but not as many for the replay.

Try the hotels too; Gresham and that Cork hotel around the corner from it; Barry's I think.

If you wan't to get into Croker tomorrow you will if you try hard enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 frankiemccann

looking to swap tickets for Mayo v Dublin game.

Have two tickets, both singles in cusack stand (1 upper, 1 lower)

Looking to swap for two tickets seated together, upper or lower stand tickets. My cusack lower ticket is row UU, so you have a good view of the game. If anyone is interested in swaping, get on to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭diabeticmum

Still looking for football all ireland ticket here for my mum, she'll sit anywhere , Ill collect anywhere. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 seaniemaco

I am looking for just one ticket to the hurling final, Cork Vs. Clare! All areas of the stadium considered, please mail me if you are selling or know anyone selling :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Tickets for the match tomorrow are as rare as hens teeth .

Zardoz wrote: »
    Tickets for the match tomorrow are as rare as hens teeth .

There will be a good few changing hands beforethe match most likely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 seaniemaco

Can anyone advise where would be a good spot up in Dublin to get one tomorrow? Any pubs or hotels which would be good places to start off the search, I just need one more ticket so hopefully it won't be too difficult! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12 gortinseguaire

For what it's worth- would love two tickets for tomorrow. Following Galway hurlers all year and would like to see minors rescue some pride for us tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭DaNiEl1994

if anyone has a davin stand ticket and wants to swap for a cusack stand one for the match tomorrow please let me know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 854 ✭✭✭tacofries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

PTH2009 wrote: »
    got 2 premium tickets thanks to toutless. online at the right time. hope everyone gets sorted. cant wait for sunday up the deise (hope clare win too)

i was unsure who to shout for in the minor match but i think you have just made up my mind now :) il get in nice and early to sopport ye;)

i have heard of lots of people in dublin from clare with tickets to spare, if you dont have a ticket i would sugest ringing some one to look around town tonight for you because it seems to be 1or 2 goin spare up there at the moment,

i would help but i am not traveling until the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭The Maverick

tacofries wrote: »

If that's actually real, anyone who pays 7 grand (plus €5 postage!) deserves to have their money taken off them.

tacofries wrote: »

Thats absolutely crazy . i saw 1k for two premium on ebay aswell the other day

There will be a good few changing hands beforethe match most likely
    At what price though ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Forgive me if I'm wrong but is the same bidder not upping the auction bidding there with no competitors for a few bids? If not, JESUS CHRIST.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Barlett

No it was a group of Mayo fans who were angry about the open touting so a couple of them just kept putting up the bid until the auctioneer ended it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Apology if on wrong thread,have Lower Hogan ticket in Row LL in section 316....
    Isn't that well back in under cover even if weather was wet??,thanks for replies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 332 ✭✭KathleenF

Looking for one or two tickets for the match tomorrow, just on the off chance!

Isn't that well back in under cover even if weather was wet??,thanks for replies.

it would be near the back of the stand . the rows go from A to Z then after 26 row's AA BB CC and up along so you will be well back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

it would be near the back of the stand . the rows go from A to Z then after 26 row's AA BB CC and up along so you will be well back[/quote
    Thought so myself....should be a cracker hopefully,hope weather clears up a bit,today's rain would have spoiled any game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭Shane732

Looks for 2 tickets for the football final. If anyone has some please let me know!

I've been on toutless but unfortunately not at the right time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭DaNiEl1994

anyone want to give a hill for nally would like a hill if its going

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,817 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

KathleenF wrote: »
    Looking for one or two tickets for the match tomorrow, just on the off chance!

Don't know anything about this person or deal....but

http://www.gumtree.ie/fp-all+ireland+tickets

there are 2 tickets for 2moro going for face value

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Don't know anything about this person or deal....but

http://www.gumtree.ie/fp-all+ireland+tickets

there are 2 tickets for 2moro going for face value

Most of those ads at face value are bogus .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

From Row EE backwards is under the roof

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

chazbyrne banned.
    Please keep reporting any touts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 n27

Around drumcondra, looking for a ticket to buy if any is available

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭El Viz

I've a Hill ticket for the football & i'm looking to swap it for a stand ticket. I'll obviously pay the difference as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

What a game, got a ticket in the morning, walking around with a sign. Only way really. Will up my game now for the replay.

Anyone with tickets for the replay PM please.

On Da Rebels!!!!!!!

Advertisement