Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Male "Bull **** gene"

• 19-08-2013 10:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭

In an interview with BBC4 on 17th August 2013, the Chief Medical Officer for England, Dame Sally Davies suggested that men have a "bull ****" gene. Although she also admitted to previously eating hash cakes

In spite of this, would you consider this claim to be worthy of further research?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

What a pile of crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

That's bull****!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I think some people have a Bullsh!t gene. Sally Davies seems to have it definitely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

:eek: I'm man trapped in a womans body, because I can bull**** with the best of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Bollox I says.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Elbaston

Kettleson wrote: »
    In an interview with BBC4 on 17th August 2013, the Chief Medical Officer for England, Dame Sally Davies suggested that men have a "bull ****" gene. Although she also admitted to previously eating hash cakes

In spite of this, would you consider this claim to be worthy of further research?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Procasinator

Although she also admitted to previously eating hash cakes

In the 70's. I'd say the effects have worn off a tad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,880 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭prizefighter

I reckon its more a case if men being more predisposed to an overly competitive nature ( to win lady folk over) and this manifests itself in one up-manship and tall tales. Women are more directly catty when competitive whereas you're more inclined to hear some pissed up dickhead claim be second cousins with Bruce Lee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Still better than the female "naggy bitch" gene

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭tritium

Or maybe CMOs for England have a "sexist pig who talks nonsense" gene :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Listen to any man chatting up a girl in the pub. Alcohol plays a part in fairness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

In the 70's. I'd say the effects have worn off a tad.

Well that's what she's prepared to admit to. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

She hardly meant there is an actual gene that codes for waffle (did she?) but there is no denying that men waffle way more than women. Surely that's self evident?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Yellowblackbird

That Sally Davies is actually just a nurse. She's only claiming to be chief medical officer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Not to sound too "serious business" but I don't find these comments nearly as offensive as I find the fact that she can say them with impunity whilst a man making similar sweeping generalizations against women would be censored by the mainstream media or told to apologise in some way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Procasinator

She hardly meant there is an actual gene that codes for waffle (did she?) but there is no denying that men waffle way more than women. Surely that's self evident?

Nope, from what I've read it's just a joke.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/08/18/article-2396604-1B5BCF1C000005DC-371_634x491.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

In the pub, after heavy, heavy drinking, I have claimed to:

1. Be able to pilot a helicopter
    2. Work for Google
    3. Originally be black, "like Micheal Jackson."

The drink definitely plays a part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Dame Sally Davies suggested that men have a "bull ****" gene. Although she also admitted to previously eating hash cakes
    Are you suggesting there is a correlation between the two?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,757 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

That Sally Davies is actually just a nurse. She's only claiming to be chief medical officer.

She has the female cow **** gene.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Both sexes have a bullsh!t gene but I find [**generalisation warning**] that where women will painstakingly tell a story with every tiny boring detail to be faithful to reality, men will dress up the story and add arms and legs to make it more entertaining/funny/make them look cooler or more retarded depending on what effect is required. So two different types of bullsh!t and both can be irritating as hell depending on the situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Of course men bull****, what else are we going to do? Talk about the weather/job/sport?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

banquo wrote: »
    In the pub, after heavy, heavy drinking, I have claimed to:

1. Be able to pilot a helicopter
    2. Work for Google
    3. Originally be black, "like Micheal Jackson."

The drink definitely plays a part.

Helicopter, yea i can fly one of those too, no bother!
    I've also been a professonal footballer, the lead singer of a famous band, Ronan Keatings manager - don't ask, jesus the shame! And last but not least - a reincarnated french aristocrat - that one actually backfired a little bit, i mean wtf do i know about the french aristocracy - this chick was a bloody post grad history student, my drunken waffle was no match for her actual sober knowledge!

Advertisement