Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Trim - is Bus Eireann 111 service reliable?

Options
  • 19-08-2013 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

Hi,
    I will be moving to Trim next month and I will be using the 111 service to commute to Dublin city centre. I will probably be travelling between 7am-7.30am and between 5pm-6pm. Would I be sure to get a seat or are some buses full?

Also, I see where the bus stop outside Knightsbrook is for heading into Dublin but I can't see a bus stop on the opposite side for the return journey! Does anyone know where it stops near Knightsbrook?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

I've been getting the 111 for 4 years now and I find it very reliable overall. Sometimes a bus won't turn up (once every 2 months) but there's always one following. You'll always get a seat if you're getting on at Knightsbrook and in the evening from Busaras. I think the bus stops just before or after the roundabout coming home in the evening. Overall they're comfortable and a good few buses have wifi now.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭October

chewed wrote: »
    I've been getting the 111 for 4 years now and I find it very reliable overall. Sometimes a bus won't turn up (once every 2 months) but there's always one following. You'll always get a seat if you're getting on at Knightsbrook and in the evening from Busaras. I think the bus stops just before or after the roundabout coming home in the evening. Overall they're comfortable and a good few buses have wifi now.

That's great. Thanks for the reply, good to know it's a good service.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

October wrote: »
    That's great. Thanks for the reply, good to know it's a good service.
    Yes, I have used it in the past (driving currently) and have found it to be reliable.

Advertisement