Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Balsamic Dressing

Options
  • 19-08-2013 11:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I was in a restaurant on Sat and they had a lovely balsamic dressing in a squeeze bottle. It wasn't runny like the usual balsamic dressing/vinegar you get in Tesco/Dunnes etc. Stupidly I forgot to get the brand of the one in the restaurant and am now on the hunt for something similar.

The one on Sat was similar to honey, but a bit more runny and not sticky, if that makes any sense.

Would appreciate any help/suggestions on finding something similar :)

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Melendez wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    It could have been. Looking on Google it seems to be it alright.

There is no Marks & Spencer or Superquinn near me, so I'd need to see about getting it online :)

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭donalh087

It is very simple to make. Take a full bottle of balsamic vinegar and put in a smallish pot. Add a tablespoon sugar and any other flavour you want - chopped fresh chilli is good. Now, dip a lollypop stick or a tooth pick, something wooden, into the pot to measure the depth. Boil the pot until the depth is halved. Allow to cool and funnel into a squeezy bottle. A few drops of vanilla is another option or plain balsamic reduction is very good.

Advertisement