Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What to replace Galaxy S with?

• 19-08-2013 12:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

So I finally cracked the screen on my Galaxy S and it's not worth repairing. I'm not really up to speed on current smartphones, so recommendations for a replacement would be appreciated.

Something that doesn't lag, with a similar size, decent battery life and at similar or better screen quality. Any suggestions?

I'm on Vodafone PAYG, not on a tight budget.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

If you've got money to blow the HTC One is the best on the market IMO.

There are not many exceptional phones with 4.3" screens these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

If you can, it might be worth seeing what the iPhone 5C looks like. It will probably be available in September.

Edit: Oops! I didn't realise this was an Android Forum, I got here from the front page!

I have a personal dislike for the changes Samsung and HTC make to stock android, so I'd probably go for a Nexus 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

I have a personal dislike for the changes Samsung and HTC make to stock android, so I'd probably go for a Nexus 4.

Have you tried Sense 5 ? Some ASOP purist prefer it to stock android.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

beno619 wrote: »
    Have you tried Sense 5 ? Some ASOP purist prefer it to stock android.

Or try both

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭rab!dmonkey

Checked out a few phones in Carphone Warehouse and Vodafone. I was torn between the Galaxy Express and GS4 mini for a while. In the end I went for the GS4 mini: partially because of the better specs, and partially because it better fits my freakishly-proportioned hands! Hopefully I can get at least a long a life out of it as I did out of my Galaxy S.

• Advertisement
Advertisement