Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTX 295

Options
  • 19-08-2013 1:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi guys,

I bought a GPU off adverts a couple of days ago and its not working.

I have powered it with a corsair 750psu and I am only getting the green light.

My pc wont detect it in PC manager.

I'm using a Z68 board, with i3 and 8GB of ram.

There's a smell coming off the GPU a if it burnt. But the seller is saying that it works and that I blew it. Any idea what to do ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Well if there's a burnt smell, that's not good. Have you physically examined the card for damage? Did it work when you first got it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Davifinci

I got the card on friday. Physically there's no damage or sound of a broken chip inide.

I tested it on Saturday and it showed a green light. Sunday it was the same thing. Today witth a new psu and the same thing.

What PSU did you use before? If it was a very low quality one it's possible it damaged the card. Mixing a low quality supply and a GTX295 is asking for trouble. Did the card ever physically work as in it was detected in Windows?

What PSU did you use before? If it was a very low quality one it's possible it damaged the card. Mixing a low quality supply and a GTX295 is asking for trouble. Did the card ever physically work as in it was detected in Windows?

The card didnt public ally work. Before I purchased it the smell was coming out from it.

As I bought it I went to a mate of mine who tested it in his own rig with a 600 PSU, think it was a seasonic brand.

And it lit, showed green light but no posting on the screen. We ignored its we thought the PSU power wasn't sufficient. But it was.

Definitely dodgy then. A good 600w unit would be OK, and even if it weren't, it'd definitely still post. Not a lot you can do short of chasing up the seller.

• Advertisement

Definitely dodgy then. A good 600w unit would be OK, and even if it weren't, it'd definitely still post. Not a lot you can do short of chasing up the seller.

That's what worries me. Nothing shows up on the screen, pc wont detect it in device manger.

Advertisement