Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I just accepted my offer. What should I do next?

Options
  • 19-08-2013 1:05pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭

Hey guys.

I just accepted my place in Bachelor of Business/Admin and Info systems.

What should I do next?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

I don't know if i've done the right thing but I've booked a place in Glasan. I'm thinking I will stay in the student accom for the 1st year to see if I like it. Then try for maybe renting a room in a private house or something if I hate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

All you've left to do is pay the registration fees now. I myself would usually wait till September.

Unfortunately you won't hear glowing reviews of Glasán but it's a good place to meet people. Even if you don't like it as you said yourself it's one year and you'll know from going to house-parties where the better spots are.

Best of luck!

Thanks for your response mate. I heard some stories about Glasan from friends. That the management are dicks and its loud at night but my mate who stayed there last year said it way fine. He said if you don't cause them problems, They won't cause you problems.

I don't intend to spend allot of time there anyway. As long as I have a place to Sleep, Shower and keep my stuff safe, I'm happy out

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Nicker

Has anyone got any word on when orientation is when the term starts? I accepted my place but haven't heard from GMIT directly yet...

I'd say more-than likely it'd be on the 9th and 11th.

• Advertisement

Is there like a game room at GMIT?. Like a room with Sofa's, a snooker table, Television, dart board etc?

There is alright. It definitely has a pool table and a table tennis table. Lot of sofas too. Can't remember if there's TVs or consoles but the others I'm sure of.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

There a tv and consoles in the Cafe outside the canteen, dont think the common room has a tv.

Don't do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Shine7

Nicker wrote: »
    Has anyone got any word on when orientation is when the term starts? I accepted my place but haven't heard from GMIT directly yet...

http://www.gmit.ie/Life-at-GMIT/incoming-first-years/induction-galway.html

Has anyone gotten a registration letter yet? I'm starting to get impatient!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Sierra 117

Is there like a game room at GMIT?. Like a room with Sofa's, a snooker table, Television, dart board etc?

The student room has sofas and pool tables. They have TVs but they're never switched on. No consoles either.

The coffee shop in the college, Barbarista, has a PS3 set up.

Finally got registered today. But should I have gotten a Username and password to login to the student portal, or does that come later.? Please help.

Fairly sure you'll get sorted with your ID on the orientation days.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭infodox

You get the login a few days after orientation IIRC. I remember it was the first Monday that the IT guys finally started handing out logins for the WiFi, etc. Don't worry about it too much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 stommy

if i am succesful in my appeal and get the points for a course i had higher on the cao will i be offered a place automatically or is the course full and someone has to drop out in order for me to get an offer?

Advertisement