Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cadbury snack now only 2 fingers?!

Options
  • 19-08-2013 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭

I've noticed over the last few months that Cadbury snack (the pink one) now only comes in a packet with 2 fingers, where there used to be 3!

I never noticed the price but it wouldn't surprise me if the price stayed the same. Are they ripping us off? I kind of liked having 3 to eat with a cuppa tea at lunchtime. Anyone else noticed this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

You mean the pink one?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭Elessar

You mean the pink one?

Yep sorry the pink one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

• Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭Elessar

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Ah, why would they do that? I never ate them but still find it a shame. It made them pretty unique in the chocolate confection world.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

I've noticed over the last few months that Cadbury snack (the pink one) now only comes in a packet with 2 fingers, where there used to be 3!

I never noticed the price but it wouldn't surprise me if the price stayed the same. Are they ripping us off? I kind of liked having 3 to eat with a cuppa tea at lunchtime. Anyone else noticed this?

Hello. I'm tom from Cadbury's, and i would like to tell you that the reason why there is only two fingers instead of three in our pink pack is because...
    it is a way of saying up yours because of this recession, thank you valued customer

• Site Banned Posts: 257 ✭✭Driveby Dogboy

two in the pink one in the... nevermind
    ||n/

• Registered Users Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Pink Snack displeased Yakuza boss.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yubitsume

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Ah, why would they do that?
    Could be a marketing trick. Hoping to get a "bring back the 3 fingers" campaign, and then giving in to the public demand, and getting a rake of free advertising.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

Official Reply from them after I asked them why did they reduce it

Thank you for your enquiry concerning our Snack Wafer

I was most concerned to learn of your disappointment with the reduction in size of this bar. However, we do appreciate you taking the time to share your concern with us.

We have recently taken the decision to reduce the size of this bar. We based this decision on a number of financial factors including commodity pricing and increasing costs.

Cadbury has long offered its chocolate in a range of sizes and shapes and these have regularly changed over the years. This particular change is driven by the need to keep our bars competitively priced in the face of rising ingredient costs which have been well documented recently. Some of our competitors have chosen to increase the price of their products, but we wanted to maintain a great price point for consumers and customers so have changed the size to allow us to do that.

The move to reduce weight of Snack Sandwich has meant that we are able to avoid raising our prices in light of the rising cost of food and drink manufacturing. We do feel that we are offering good value, in what is a particularly competitive market.

We very much value your feedback and would extend our thanks to you for taking the time and trouble to contact us.

Kind regards

Helen Stansbie
    Consumer Relations Administrator

Cadbury are dedicated to delivering an exceptional standard of customer care, to match the high quality of our great-tasting chocolate. As part of this, we have recently joined a scheme called The WOW! Awards. These are the UK's only national award for customer service based purely on customer nominations, which is what made us so eager to participate.

Will have to find an alternative now, I'll never buy another one again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Ah for goodness sake when will this sort of thing end. Soon you won't be giving your loved one your last Rolo you will be giving them your only Rolo :mad:

We have recently taken the decision to reduce the size of this bar.
    You'd think they would have just shortened the length of the 3 bars. Like how they have shortened twixes now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

rubadub wrote: »
    You'd think they would have just shortened the length of the 3 bars. Like how they have shortened twixes now

I KNEW something didn't feel right!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭endacl

In fairness lads, I think this may be the first worldiest problem ever identified in the history of first world problems!

:D

TheChizler wrote: »
    I KNEW something didn't feel right!
    Ah, no, I don't think twix's have shrank, but they do have a snack size one out now which is a bit smaller which is the one I meant, -should have said "they have a shortened twix now -in addition to normal".

Lots of the mulitpacks are slightly smaller these days, but full size ones are still available.

3 bars was no doubt a big feature to many people, surely they knew this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

rubadub wrote: »
    Ah, no, I don't think twix's have shrank, but they do have a snack size one out now which is a bit smaller which is the one I meant, -should have said "they have a shortened twix now -in addition to normal".

Lots of the mulitpacks are slightly smaller these days, but full size ones are still available.

3 bars was no doubt a big feature to many people, surely they knew this.

I dunno, I bought a box of them recently and they looked a bit small, didn't they use to be as long as crunchies? Have crunchies shrank??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twix#United_Kingdom
    In 2013 Mars, Inc changed the size of the Twix standard bars from 58g down to 50g
    They did not shrink here though. But you might get UK twixes in some places, €2 shops have usually foreign import bars.

Tesco show them to be 58g, also the 4 packs are only 1.50 right now
    http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=272431131

Here is another tesco one, a 16 pack and the nutritional info say they are 25g each so could be the UK sourced ones. The pack weight would suggest they are 23g fingers.
    http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=257805985

• Registered Users Posts: 86,775 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Disgraceful only discovered today :(

Advertisement