Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College Fees Cost

Options
  • 19-08-2013 1:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭

What are the typical college fee costs for the year. I know it varies from college to college but i did a level 7 a while back and it was 2 grand a year, now i applied for a level 8 degree (same college) and was shocked its gone up to nearly 5 thousand Euro for one year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Most first time undergrads will only have to pay the Student Contribution Charge of €2500 (2013/2014) and a student Levy between €150-250. However, as you have attended before you are probably getting charged Tuition Fees (you get these paid for as a first timer).

If you completed the level 7 you have to pay the tuition along with the Contribution Charge and Levy. If you did not complete the level 7 you may be considered a 'second chance student' but only if it has been more than 5 years since you have been in 3rd level and meet residency requirements etc.

You can read about the fees here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭moonlighting

Thanks for the info maldesu.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

apply through susi for assistance towards the fees

Advertisement