Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Course trouble

• 19-08-2013 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

So I did'nt get UCC and I really want WIT but I got offered a course in UL. UL is 360 points while WIT is 300, so I have the entry requirements for WIT.

Can I call WIT and get changed from UL to WIT. Is there anyway around it? Any advice on the matter, really need some help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

No.

You had the UL course higher on your list than WIT. Now that you have been offered a place, you can only get 2nd round offers from courses higher than WIT on your list. How far away from UCC were you?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭HungryEmperor

decisions wrote: »
    You had the UL course higher on your list than WIT. Now that you have been offered a place, you can only get 2nd round offers from courses higher than WIT on your list. How far away from UCC were you?
    I was 40 points, I'm getting everything rechecked, but I don't know If I have a chance at a round 2 offer.

40 is a lot tbh, you can accept your current offer anyway but it is NOT necessary to accept an offer in order to be considered for a higher preference if it becomes available later. There is no guarantee, of course, that a higher preference will become available.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭HungryEmperor

Thanks for the help, looks like I'm going to UL :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement