Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waggy Tails kennels - anyone used before?

Options
  • 19-08-2013 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

Thinking of booking our dog into Waggy Tails, Darcystown, Balrothery.

We will be away for a week and the dog has never been in kennels before.

Can anyone give their views on Waggy Tails if they have used them before please?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

Have never used Waggy tails but can highly recommend all paws in the Naul. I have boarded my own furry friend here as does my sister and my neighbour (who is a veterinary nurse and volunteers with an animal charity and she recommends them to everyone).

Very reasonable prices too.

http://www.allpawsboarding.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

I had considered Waggy Tails as it's fairly close to us.
    All Paws looks V nice, any idea of price?
    Thanks

Have never used Waggy tails but can highly recommend all paws in the Naul. I have boarded my own furry friend here as does my sister and my neighbour (who is a veterinary nurse and volunteers with an animal charity and she recommends them to everyone).

Very reasonable prices too.

http://www.allpawsboarding.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

Can only give an idea of price for a cat which was €10 per night. We were away 16 days, if you factor in dropping off and collecting but they still only charged €150 and threw in some fresh eggs from the farm to boot!

The cat was in great form and condition when we collected her.

As for the dog kennels, from what I saw they are good sized and have a run. Both my sister and neighbours said that their dogs came home in good form - not like the way some dogs come back from kennels, totally bummed out.

I can ask my sister how much it was for her dog, but you could probably find out quicker just giving them a quick call. I think it's about the same pricewise as Waggy tails.

what I liked about it is that the surrounding countryside where all paws is located is gorgeous - you don't feel so guilty leaving them as it's almost like they are going on a holiday themselves! the owners live on site, and have their own animals. Really nice feel to the place. I didn't feel like a complete witch leaving the cat there at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Thanks, appreciate the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

My husbands Aunty does the Kennels beside entranced to Ardgillian Castle.
    All I can say is she is a dog lover, threats them all kind.
    She has had the Kennels YEARS .HTH,Cathy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Turlough & Patty by Ardgillan gates are highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 BalbrigganGirl

I can recommend them too for kennelling - I've left several dogs with them over the years.
    Mine homeboard now as I have a walker for them and they love her but deffo recommend Patty !

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CHanlon

Hi all, do Patty and Turlough run Waggys Tails? Or are they two separate kennels? Thanks!

I think Patty & Turlough's place is called Barnageera Kennels.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CHanlon

Thanks a mill for that. They must be very close to each other, I just thought they must have been the same place. I want to write to them. Cheers again.

• Advertisement

Barnageera Kennels is near to Ardgillan Castle, but Waggy Tails is in Darcystown - about halfway on the road from Ardgillan to Balrothery.

Advertisement