Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couple of queries regarding car & house insurance policies

Options
  • 19-08-2013 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭

I got policy documents a few days ago and I see that cover for driving other cars is restricted to full EU license holders. As I have a full ROI license does this mean that I wont be covered to drive another car? (not belonging to me of course)

I also note that personal belongings are not covered in the car insurance policy. Am I reading that right and if so is that not a bit stingy?

Also on car insurance legal fees appear to be very restrictive. Why is this?

House insurance does not cover frost. Surely this cant be right.

If I decide to cancel within the 14 days cooling off period there is an administration fee of €50. Again this is quite ridiculous and is something I have never seen in an insurance policy before.

I would be grateful for comment/answers to the above. Cheers.

Comments

Advertisement