Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No idea what to offer....

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

I had a call from my estate agent late on Friday evening regarding a viewing on Monday, I had to rearrange some stuff and then took Monday morning off work to do a cleaning blitz, then get a phone call to say the couple can't make it because they had a baby last night.

Were they not aware they were due to have a baby??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

baby might have come early. You know how the window of birth can be fairly varied.

Sounds like viewings are a bit scarce anyways if you must do a blitz...........

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,380 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

phi3 wrote: »
    Bemused by a call from the Estate Agent.
    They rang to say my offer was a bit low. They said if I offered around €130k they would be delighted to do a deal with me. I asked if they had any other offers. They haven't. So basically, they're asking me to bid against myself. That sounds a bit crazy to me!

That is their job in fairness. They should be trying to get their client as much as possible. It is your call about what to do next.
    Are you actually willing to walk away?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

TheDriver wrote: »
    baby might have come early. You know how the window of birth can be fairly varied.

Sounds like viewings are a bit scarce anyways if you must do a blitz...........

They have been pretty scarce tbh, but the only reason for the blitz was we had friends visiting for the weekend and were out a lot, so I had to do the usual weekend clean up in the space of an hour on Monday morning, with a hangover ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

I am interested in an apartment. Asking price is €135K.
    It's been on the market around 2 months and has no offers on it.
    What would be a reasonable offer to make??
    There is no possible way any of us can answer that without knowing exactly what property it it, it could be under priced at 135... Its like me asking you what I should pay for a car!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I'd suggest a small increase in your offer- say perhaps 2.5k of an increase- along with a statement that you have researched the market, and are a genuine buyer and prepared to move immediately if they accept your offer- but that you're not going any higher- and if you don't hear from them within 5 working days- that you are making an offer on another property in the neighbourhood instead, as you need to have accommodation ready, given your impending arrival.

It sounds like they are borderline on willing to accept your offer and a small measure of carrot (the additional 2.5k) and stick (the threat to walk) might help focus their minds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Ask the ea to justify the price based on past sales also ask them if they have similar properties. Find out about the seller if they are in ne they they may have to get an agreed figure for tje bank. You could up your offer and meet them half way between yours and 130 tell the ea your are meeting them half way and they had better take it

Advertisement