Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coffee Shop Menus

Options
  • 19-08-2013 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

I often go to a long established coffee shop in Trim. The food is good, the staff are pleasant the decor is thoughtful. They usually hand me a filthy menu old and torn and full of food spills and tears.This Saturday they outdone themselves on my table was the most decrepit filthy battered torn plastic coated piece of filth know to man. Keep up the good work.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭PaddyCar

Come again

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

And what was their response when you complained?

I presume you did complain to the manager at the time, didn't you?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Why do you "often go"? Sounds like a dump.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

PauloMN wrote: »
    Why do you "often go"? Sounds like a dump.

I suspect:
    The food is good, the staff are pleasant the decor is thoughtful.

OP, from what you say there appears to be a basic general hygiene issue. While a dirty menu mightn't kill you, perhaps another overlooked aspect of the establishment's hygiene will. And you'll be paying for the pleasure.

If I were you i'd change your preference of a coffee shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

I often go to a long established coffee shop in Trim. The food is good, the staff are pleasant the decor is thoughtful. They usually hand me a filthy menu old and torn and full of food spills and tears.This Saturday they outdone themselves on my table was the most decrepit filthy battered torn plastic coated piece of filth know to man. Keep up the good work.
    Tbh I am unsure as to which premises you are referring to. You really should complain to the owner/manager as it will be of more benefit than a thread here where most people haven't a clue as to where you are referring to.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

I know what you mean OP. And they bloodywell charge enough to be able to afford decent menus!

Advertisement