Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paramo

Options
  • 19-08-2013 3:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking at getting the Paramo Velez smock. Anyone experience of them? I like the look of the tech but my instinct goes against just wearing one layer which is how this is designed. How warm is this when you're on top of a mountain?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭The Dagda

Orion wrote: »
    I'm looking at getting the Paramo Velez smock. Anyone experience of them? I like the look of the tech but my instinct goes against just wearing one layer which is how this is designed. How warm is this when you're on top of a mountain?

I'm a big fan of Paramo and have quite a bit of their kit.

I'm not sure where you got the idea that the Velez smock is designed to be a single layer solution but, as I understand it, it's a top layer, so you wear other layers under it.

I would suggest just wearing a technical base layer and the smock. I use an Alta 2 Jacket as my top layer and just wear a base layer under that, and I've used this setup in all weathers without any issue.

The Paramo top layer waterproof kit is very warm so the biggest issue is actually keeping cool, but they've some nice clever details to help with that.

The best thing is, no matter how hot and sweaty you get, the wet is kept away from the skin so you never have to deal with the horrible cold, wet, sticky feeling of traditional shell type systems.

I can't recommend the Paramo kit enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

According to Paramo and to a guy in MRI who has one it's designed to be worn next to the skin but I also got the same suggestion you made that a technical base layer underneath works too.

Thanks for the recommendation. Mind made up I think :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭The Dagda

Orion wrote: »
    According to Paramo and to a guy in MRI who has one it's designed to be worn next to the skin but I also got the same suggestion you made that a technical base layer underneath works too.

Thanks for the recommendation. Mind made up I think :)

Good luck with it.

Once you register your kit with the Paramo website there's a free lifetime guarantee on it too.
    It covers the kit from wearing out through it's designed use so it's a good deal.
    I've already used it for a bit of frayed thread and they repaired and reproofed the item for free.

I did have to pay postage, which I feel is fair enough.

Yeah I heard great things about their aftercare alright.

It's bought. Be testing it out tomorrow around the Donard area :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement