Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hotels with a pool

• 19-08-2013 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭

I have been looking for a reasonable priced hotel for a hotel that has a leisure centre in South of Dublin or the city centre for the first weekend in September. Can any body recommend any? As far as I know the Herbert Park Hotel doesn't have a pool?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

Mespil Hotel

21/25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭tenandtracer

http://www.camdencourthotel.com/en/

Approx €120 per night at the weekend

Maldron Hotel on Cardiff Lane also

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ms.Sunshine

Thanks, I checked in Camden Court and it's booked out for my date unfortunately. Is Cardiff Lane central?

a little over 1 mile from O'Connell Bridge

see map below, A is O'Connell Bridge, B is the hotel

map.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Clarion Hotel in the IFSC has a gym and a pool. Wouldn't go so far as to call it a leisure centre, but its decent enough.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the help! Which one of the hotels would be the best do you think?

Edited to say: The Clarion is all booked out for our date!

They are fairly similar, I have had work colleagues who stayed in both. They are grand, but not luxurious. The docklands area is quite quiet, but is reasonably accessible for the city centre. Check booking.com - you might get a better rate

Does the Herbert Park have a pool??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Does the Herbert Park have a pool??

Surely it will say on their website?!!

Go onto www.booking.com, and put in the city and dates, and then when you get a list of hotels, you can choose to filter them by facilities, including pool.

Hotels that are coming up with indoor pools in the city centre -

The Marker, Grand Canal Square
    Clarion IFSC
    Four Seasons, Ballsbridge
    Maldron Hotel, Sir John Rogerson's Quay
    Camden Court Hotel

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭pickled101

travelrepublic.ie is another good search site, I've used it a few times to book holidays but it also does just hotels.

I trust them and there was a problem with my first booking which was sorted so I've stuck with them.

Alyways afraid I'll turn up with a bit of paper and a booking reference to a hotel that has never heard of me or the booking company

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭greentea is just wrong

Hilton Hotel, Kilmainham. 15 min luas ride from the city centre.

Thanks for all the responses! We couldn't find any within our price range and some were booked up for our dates. We are thinking of just booking Hampton Hotel for a night.. does anybody experience with them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

Thanks for all the responses! We couldn't find any within our price range and some were booked up for our dates. We are thinking of just booking Hampton Hotel for a night.. does anybody experience with them?

Used to be a pickup joint before it was refurbished, not sure now but the sign for the nightclub outside says "fun for Adults" so make of that what you will

21/25

uch wrote: »
    Used to be a pickup joint before it was refurbished, not sure now but the sign for the nightclub outside says "fun for Adults" so make of that what you will

Haha oh god.. well its booked now anyways! Wish me luck!! :o

Advertisement