Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two questions about FireFox - if anyone able to help it would be appreciated.

Options
  • 19-08-2013 5:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭

1) How do I move the Google Search box/Google toolbar under the Address Bar (it's just to the right of it at the moment).

2) I have added websites to my favorites toolbar but they are all shoved to the left, I remember on my old computer that there was a button somewhere, where you could select 'to center' them but I can't find it now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rambo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

Rambo wrote: »

Thanks for that Rambo. I found most of what I was looking for, except how to 'centre' my favorites in the Bookmark Toolbar. I just added 'spaces' on either end for the moment. It definitely didn't seem this hard the last time I downloaded FireFox, unless they have done away with that option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭excollier

Try right clicking in an empty part of the bookmarks toolbar and then "add new separator" see what that does. The bookmarks toolbar has always populated from the left as you add extra bookmarks until it is full, then a dropdown (>>) appears at the right hand end to give a continuation. This has always how it worked for me for the past few years on Windows and Linux.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

excollier wrote: »
    Try right clicking in an empty part of the bookmarks toolbar and then "add new separator" see what that does. The bookmarks toolbar has always populated from the left as you add extra bookmarks until it is full, then a dropdown (>>) appears at the right hand end to give a continuation. This has always how it worked for me for the past few years on Windows and Linux.

Yes thanks, I tried the separators, they didn't do anything. I just remember there being an option like with text in a text document to have it coming from the right, left or centered. I remember having only about 5 bookmarks at the time and it put them dead on center with an equal amount of space either side. Anyway, I'm just being picky because I can't find it, it's not a necessity as I have a lot more bookmarks now anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭excollier

Ok, you are right, it seems there is no option available for what you want.

• Advertisement
Advertisement