Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scumbag Mother

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

tin79 wrote: »
    And you know the vocabulary of every Canadian person do you?

No? Thought not.

I know enough to be able to say with confidence that it wasn't written by a Canadian.

Re. redit, same diff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭ONeill2013

It probably is real, some people in this world think they can say what they like.
    I use the bodybuilding.com forum which has mostly american/canadian/australian users and some of the stuff they come out with is shocking, people in britain and ireland seem to be more respectful to people online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Aineoil

Whether the letter is real or not, isn't the point, as far as I see it. To think that a person could have views like this, is very, very disturbing.

I find the letter totally and utterly disgusting. It's offensive on so many levels. The language is offensive, (I won't even quote the awful words used) to say the least. What kind of a troll writes this?

......they don't have the guts to tell you.

The person who wrote this diatribe didn't have the guts to sign their name.

For any parent who has a child with special needs and who's reading this thread, ignore this vile, bitter and hurtful letter.

Still shaking my head at the lack of humanity and understanding in human society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

Why are people still saying it's fake as if that's a fact? It has been established by now that it's not fake. Canadians swear and can have unpleasant views too yanoo! I assumed when reading it that it was written by an American.
    Lapin wrote: »
    The letter is a troll.

Its not signed.
    Because the writer is a coward.
    I didn't respond quickly enough to a red light changing green and the guy behind me told me he hopes I die of cancer. Big wow.

It's rude but why are people so upset about this?
    A letter to his parents comprising, among other comments, "your idiot kid", "they should take whatever non retarded body parts he possesses and donate it [sic] to science", "your wild animal kid", "euthanize him".

Not liking cruelty I guess. Empathy. Not being cold.

Your incident was awful too. How does it have anything to do with, or lessen the impact of what was said in this letter though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭clairefontaine

A letter to his parents comprising, among other comments, "your idiot kid", "they should take whatever non retarded body parts he possesses and donate it [sic] to science", "your wild animal kid", "euthanize him".

Not liking cruelty I guess. Empathy. Not being cold.

Your incident was awful too. How does it have anything to do with, or lessen the impact of what was said in this letter though?

I grew up hearing crap like this all the time. Not personally, but all around me, in school, sitting in traffic, the subway.

And like I said before my neighbour in Ireland got an anonymous insulting letter in her mailbox. ,y child was insulted by another neighbour too, and none of them have disabilities.

People are jerks. It only matters if you think it's true.

I grew up hearing crap like this all the time. Not personally, but all around me, in school, sitting in traffic, the subway.

And like I said before my neighbour in Ireland got an anonymous insulting letter in her mailbox. ,y child was insulted by another neighbour too, and none of them have disabilities.
    But nobody's saying these incidents aren't bad either... it's just that this thread is about that letter.
    Sounds very much like you're saying "Get over people being ***** to you" rather than them being stood up to.

But nobody's saying these incidents aren't bad either... it's just that this thread is about that letter.
    Sounds very much like you're saying "Get over people being ***** to you" rather than them being stood up to.

I'm not telling anyone to get over anything. What I'm saying is sensitivities are culturally determined to some extent.

I find the bad language in Dublin very offensive but I doubt locals even notice it, for example.

A cruel letter to the parents of a disabled kid, who have enough difficulty to go through as it is, would be considered seriously out of line universally. Even if it's just words, even if the writer can be ignored. It's bound to cause a lot of upset and people are only empathising.

I don't get how that's so noteworthy. Pretty disingenuous.

A cruel letter to the parents of a disabled kid, who have enough difficulty to go through as it is, would be considered seriously out of line universally. Even if it's just words, even if the writer can be ignored. It's bound to cause a lot of upset and people are only empathising.

Ok fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

Is that a U.S skate punk band from the early 00's?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

I'm not telling anyone to get over anything. What I'm saying is sensitivities are culturally determined to some extent.

I find the bad language in Dublin very offensive but I doubt locals even notice it, for example.

Ok fine.

Ladies Ladies please:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

darragh16 wrote: »
    http://www.citynews.ca/2013/08/18/family-in-shock-after-hate-letter-targets-teen-with-autism/

The only link I can find from a genuine news source and not facebook. I'm still a bit skeptical myself though

Looks like Granny is not able to handle the teen and just fecks him out the door when she is supposed to be minding him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Frito

How did you arrive at that conclusion? If he's outside everyday, I'd assume it's part of his routine rather than mismanagement by his gran.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Is "One pissed off mother" a euphemism for "One pissed off motherfucker"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭pillphil

He probably didn't want to be rude and say ****er

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭pundy

absolute scum. no need for that. earplugs would have done the job and a bit of empathy for the family/boys' situation.

i find it hard to believe that some people in this day and age still dont understand autism to some degree and that a routine utterly needs to be in place.

i know a girl who used to be "let out" in the front garden and she would scream and shriek a bit, but it was completely understandable that they would be there.

The garden is the families private property, so they can do as they please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Gannicus

pillphil wrote: »
    To be fair, if my neighbour's kid was whaling in my street, I'd be pissed off too.
    Red Nissan wrote: »
    Might be a bit harsh, but I purpose that it is the genuine feelings for a larger community percentage than anyone would admit to.

Both points are very true but there is absolutely no need for such a venomous hate-filled letter to his grandmother. The child has a medical condition and needs special care.

Here's a link for a not facebook reference to the letter

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/disgusting-father-hate-filled-letter-euthanize-autistic-son-nuisance-article-1.1431505

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭pillphil

Big Steve wrote: »
    Both points are very true but there is absolutely no need for such a venomous hate-filled letter to his grandmother. The child has a medical condition and needs special care.

Here's a link for a not facebook reference to the letter

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/disgusting-father-hate-filled-letter-euthanize-autistic-son-nuisance-article-1.1431505

Ok, I can't believe I have to point this out but, I was not condoning the letter, I was making fun of the misuse of the word whaling in the letter. Whaling is:
    The practice or industry of hunting and killing whales for their oil, meat, or whalebone.

Which, I suspect, is not what the poor child in question was doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

Im living in canada at the momeny and the mother of the child was on the news last night so its legit!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Scruffles

had originaly read that letter on facebook some days ago,and do believe it is real because of the official news reports such as those posted by users here and the daily heils version-
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2397412/Autistic-boy-Max-Begley-receives-hate-letter-Euthanize-donate-non-retarded-body-parts.html
    and also the rampant dehumanizing disablism that is still accepted in society,give these bigots a wall of anonymity and they will say what they really think,we only have to read our beloved after hours to see what anonymity does to prejudice.

there is a long way to go before we ever get acknowledged as the same species as everyone else-even in this thread it is visible,eg 'these people' and 'we had one walking the streets',we might be different but we are just as human as everyone else.
    am on the same level of autism as that lad and do what he does-the sounds he is making isnt wailing [or whaling :rolleyes:] it is a form of stimming that those of us who are speech limited but not completely non verbal do,we have the drive to want to communicate but dont have the full vocal capacity to do so-it stimulates the vocal chords and expresses everything inside us that builds up because we cant analyze and filter it out like everyone else.

its funny how we are slagged off a lot for not having any empathy but the writer of the letter showed f-all empathy towards max or the parents.
    whether its a troll IRL or genuinely believed by the writer, its clearly telling that they lack the empathy and concience to care about the impact their letter will have on max and his family.

hopefuly the scumbag who wrote it is found and brought to justice; though a better justice for them woud be to give them community service working in a
    autism day centre or special school as it might give them the chance of developing some empathy towards what we experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

Scruffles wrote: »
    hopefuly the scumbag who wrote it is found and brought to justice;
    Brought to justice for what? Hurting someone's feelings?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Scruffles

Brought to justice for what? Hurting someone's feelings?
    disablism,otherwise known as a disability hate crime,unlike the other 'isms' it is so overlooked and widely accepted that most who arent affected by it dont understand the impact it has on a disabled person [directly or indirectly] and their family.
    it isnt about hurt feelings,its about a family being made to feel unsafe living in an area where a person has wished death upon their disabled child.
    max has every right to live there,he isnt a drunk adult screaming and bawling as he walks back from the pub every night or a bunch of kids knacker drinking and putting fear into the locals,he is a localy popular lad who wasnt given the opportunity to have the communication abilities this writer clearly has,they shoud be greatful they are able to speak with such ease and do not have to deal with the frustration at being unable to express themselves like max.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

I just read that. If its true, that is heartbreaking. The poor mother of the kid. The poor kid! It's not either of their fault. That woman who wrote that should be shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

I reserve the right to pass judgement until I hear the noise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

ChewChew wrote: »
    That woman who wrote that should be shot.
    For writing an offensive letter she deserves to be shot?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

For writing an offensive letter she deserves to be shot?

Not really for writing the letter....

Just because she's a c*nt. :pac:

I reserve the right to pass judgement until I hear the noise.

I want to know what it sounds like as well.. Can't imagine living next to a child who made horrible screaming noises constantly because of a disability. It would be all I could think about it if I was at home.

No excuse for the disgusting letter but I can understand how it would be really annoying and distressing for other children.

Advertisement