Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Carvery Wexford Town and Environs?

Options
  • 19-08-2013 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭

Have had a nice carvery in the Talbot hotel a while back, a not so great one in Whitford recently

Where is the best carvery in Wexford Town or its environs in your opinion?

Are midweek days better or a Sunday the best day?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Whitford is usually on the ball. Have never had bad experience there.

Farmers Kitchen is ok too, side orders can be a bit on the small side at times.

Carvery in Whites is nice too,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Never had a decent lunch in Whites. Every so often I try and give it another chance but I'm done with it now

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

oldyouth wrote: »
    Never had a decent lunch in Whites. Every so often I try and give it another chance but I'm done with it now

Inclined to agree, anytime I've gone in at lunchtime the place has always been in a mess and the floor filthy - in particular not swept up after other customers has used the table, no excuse for it, that's only been twice mind you and it was a while back.

Never had the carvery but the mess makes me want to avoid, maybe it's changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Only been to Whites a couple of times for carvery, but never noticed any mess. Cleaners may have been on duty them days,

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Only been to Whites a couple of times for carvery, but never noticed any mess. Cleaners may have been on duty them days,

If they were they should have cleaned up ;)

Anyways, they don't need cleaners, surely a waiter can can take a small brush and pan and tidy around.

I just felt they weren't doing the basics when it came to cleanliness. It's a very simple thing to clean off a table and make sure there is no food lying around the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭wexandproud

heritage park was v good but have not been ther recently so dont know if its still as good. must pay it a visit again

heritage park was v good but have not been ther recently so dont know if its still as good. must pay it a visit again

I forgot about them. I had a few very nice meals there in the past

That for carvery? Is this on daily or just Sundays?

Was every day. Haven't been in around 6 months though but I'd say it still is, given the summer season

Edit; Sample menu

http://www.inhp.com/restaurant/sample-lunch-menu/

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

vicwatson wrote: »
    If they were they should have cleaned up ;)

Anyways, they don't need cleaners, surely a waiter can can take a small brush and pan and tidy around.

I just felt they weren't doing the basics when it came to cleanliness. It's a very simple thing to clean off a table and make sure there is no food lying around the ground.

I take it you've never worked in the service industry? Carvery tends to be hectic and when you've got 10 tables it can be hard to get them turned around before someone decides to wander over from the carvery, sit down at it and then complain that it's dirty.

Edit: I'm in no way affiliated with Whites but I'm a bartender in another major hotel.

• Advertisement

JayEnnis wrote: »
    I take it you've never worked in the service industry? Carvery tends to be hectic and when you've got 10 tables it can be hard to get them turned around before someone decides to wander over from the carvery, sit down at it and then complain that it's dirty.

Edit: I'm in no way affiliated with Whites but I'm a bartender in another major hotel.

Not my problem as a customer, it's theirs don't you think? Get more staff if needs be, a dirty eating area is a no no, whether one has worked in the service industry or not is entirely irrelevant

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

I just can't do carvery lads. The oldies lining up, saying "I'll have one and a half scoop of potato...and eh...two slices of beef...and...little more gravy now, OH! Too much. Throw it out"

I just lose the will to live.

Just give me the beef and throw whatever else you want on it.

Corvo wrote: »
    I just can't do carvery lads. The oldies lining up, saying "I'll have one and a half scoop of potato...and eh...two slices of beef...and...little more gravy now, OH! Too much. Throw it out"

I just lose the will to live.

Just give me the beef and throw whatever else you want on it.

:D

I agree, I'm trying to find out where the best one is, THE one !! Maybe I need to ask for the best one county-wide as opposed to just Wexford town?

Kellys Rosslare do one??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

I've had some very tasty lunches in the Ferrybank Hotel.

Not traditional carvery, table service, but same sorta food nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

jpb1974 wrote: »
    I've had some very tasty lunches in the Ferrybank Hotel.

Not traditional cavery, table service, but same sorta food nonetheless.

Well la di da :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Carvery even...

Advertisement