Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pc games

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

Magill wrote: »
    Playing battlefield on PC is a completely different experience tho.. going from playing 32 man smaller version maps, running at < 30 fps, 720p and low textures to 64 man servers, high texture quality 1080p+, high framerates and better controls is a huge difference.

BF3 is a console port ? And who said anything about the witcher ?

I only pointed out that telling someone new to PC gaming to not play the latest games that will show off and impress them and instead playing games 2 generations old is silly. Anyway, whatever.

He's coming from console gaming which is full of shooters and first game you suggest is another shooter which he probably played on the console.. I'm I was saying there are great older games available.. As sad as it is most of the recent pc games were ports due to the long console generation.. Which will improve again with the newer consoles coming out..

I never said don't play newer games but the eye candy wears off after a while if the game sux..

I mentioned the witcher in my first post and you said it could be played with a laptop.. And it's not even old.. Plus the second is just as demanding as BF3..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

gazzamc wrote: »
    He's coming from console gaming which is full of shooters and first game you suggest is another shooter which he probably played on the console.. I'm I was saying there are great older games available.. As sad as it is most of the recent pc games were ports due to the long console generation.. Which will improve again with the newer consoles coming out..

I never said don't play newer games but the eye candy wears off after a while if the game sux..

I mentioned the witcher in my first post and you said it could be played with s laptop.. And it's not even old.. Plus the second is just as demanding as BF3..

The op specifically asked about BF3

The op specifically asked about BF3

Oh sorry then I mis-read.. But still my point stands on the older games..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Oh sorry then I mis-read.. But still my point stands on the older games..

what point ? Did you even read my posts lol, your point is some old games are good.. show me where i disagreed with that !

what point ? Did you even read my posts lol, your point is some old games are good.. show me where i disagreed with that !

I think you misunderstand when i say "Old Games".. That to me is every game before this year (2013).. I'm not talking late 90's (with a few exceptions).. For example I would consider far cry 3 old..

You basically said not to bother with old game because they won't challenge his rig.. But that depends on what you consider old.. So we'll leave it at that I'm sure the OP has a few suggestions already and will ask for more if needed..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I think you misunderstand when i say "Old Games".. That to me is every game before this year (2013).. I'm not talking late 90's (with a few exceptions).. For example I would consider far cry 3 old..

You basically said not to bother with old game because they won't challenge his rig.. But that depends on what you consider old.. So we'll leave it at that I'm sure the OP has a few suggestions already and will ask for more if needed..

I wasn't even talking to you in the first place tho... if you read the post i was replying to you would know.. but yes.. please leave it at that.

I wasn't even talking to you in the first place tho... if you read the post i was replying to you would know.. but yes.. please leave it at that.

I was addressing the part on building a PC to play older games.. This is a forum after all..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Can we quit the bitching and get back on topic :P

Advertisement