Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*All* Carry-on Baggage charges Queries & Questions ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,884 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

<snip>
    As if any Boardsies would put their passports in their cabin baggage now.... lol.
    oh, indeed.
    It'd be the one registered on boards for 10 years with barely 10 posts, and then comes on to whinge and ask advice for compensation when they had to go through an ordeal on arrival at their destination airport caused by their stupidity of leaving their passport in their hold baggage.

They'd be the same ones who havent read the airport tips and tricks thread too!

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭cobham

Another tip for the second bag is to have it semi soft material so that it can be squished into the crate or under your seat in flight. Yes member of my family was caught with the passport in the carry on bag.... luckily I was able to go ahead and retrieve bag and throw passport over a glass screen :) And think of meds also in case bag goes astray.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Hi Guys
    strange one for the frequent flyers, I have to bring a number of blister packed syringes onboard flights from Dublin to Cairns. These are needed medications for which we have a letter for but we need to bring these in a cooler back with an ice-block to keep them below 25c else the meds will spoil. While i know we can bring a cooler bag with the meds and store in the fridge on flight I wanted to know if we can also pack a ice-block in the bag as we shall be in Hong Kong for 9 hours and are worried that the cooler bag in itself will not hold enough cold air for the meds.

Any know if a ice-block is permissible on board?

Flying with BA and Cathay

• Registered Users Posts: 18,990 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Could you use something like these instead of freezer blocks?

http://www.medisave.co.uk/koolpak-instant-cold-pack-single-use-ice-pack-p-6502.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Cheers, that can only be used for short periods of time, we need to cover three flights of 1 hr, 12hr and 8 hrs combined with a 9 hour layover. Its the 9 hours in HK that is the biggest issue with the heat for the time of year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭BlackEdelweiss

I used these for travelling to New Zealand. Did the trick.
    http://www.frioinsulincoolingcase.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭celligraphy

Hi does it cost extra to bring a buggy on a Ryan air flight ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,173 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

No. Just bring it to the gate as you would any other airline.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Kast0r

Howdy all, im heading to copenhagen next weekend and i cant seem to find out much info regarding bringing tents as carry on luggage.

Ive both a popup tent and a tiny 1 man jobbie, the 1man has poles and the popup would be all self contained.

I dont want to get to the airport to be told i have to pay for it.

Any help would be great!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Straight Edge Punk

Kast0r wrote: »
    Howdy all, im heading to copenhagen next weekend and i cant seem to find out much info regarding bringing tents as carry on luggage.

Ive both a popup tent and a tiny 1 man jobbie, the 1man has poles and the popup would be all self contained.

I dont want to get to the airport to be told i have to pay for it.

Any help would be great!

You can't bring them as carry on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Kast0r

grand stuff, looks like ill be seeing what i can buy over there so.
    cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,531 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I want to bring a electric hair clippers with me on a few flights I have coming up .

Are these permittedto be in a carry on bag?

Will be flying ryanair/aerlingus from a few different airports.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Registered Users Posts: 16,531 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

good to know ,just the ordinary Wahl plug in clippers you see in any barbers.
    I was half thinking because it was a plug in one there might be a problem with the cord or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,884 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

yabadabado wrote: »
    good to know ,just the ordinary Wahl plug in clippers you see in any barbers.
    I was half thinking because it was a plug in one there might be a problem with the cord or something.
    it would take a very imaginative terrorist to use an electrical cord to hijack or crash a plane.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

it would take a very imaginative terrorist to use an electrical cord to hijack or crash a plane.

I dunno - the big tube of toothpaste method seems to have been mastered, if we can go on what has been banned from hand luggage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Happy Monday

Hello
    Travelling to Lanzarote tomorrow with Ryanair!
    Baggage allowance allows one cabin bag and small bag.
    5 people in our party.
    This means we can nominate 5 cabin bags between us yes?
    There is no connection to the bags in the hold I take it as these bags have been paid for separately.
    Please confirm - all answers greatly appreciated. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Hello
    Travelling to Lanzarote tomorrow with Ryanair!
    Baggage allowance allows one cabin bag and small bag.
    5 people in our party.
    This means we can nominate 5 cabin bags between us yes?
    There is no connection to the bags in the hold I take it as these bags have been paid for separately.
    Please confirm - all answers greatly appreciated. :)

Yes, that's per person, not group.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Happy Monday

BuffyBot wrote: »
    Yes, that's per person, not group.

And this is completely independent of the checked baggage in the hold of the aircraft yes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,600 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

And this is completely independent of the checked baggage in the hold of the aircraft yes?

Yes 5 10kg bags you can bring in the cabin regardless of what you have in the hold and also allowed one small bag approx the size of 200 cigarettes and a litre of spirits in size per person.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭foxatron

Yeah. You can bring a cabin bag as well as your checked in bag. They might offer you the option of putting the cabin bag in the hold as well if you want. No extra charge. They did for me anyway! Its handy if you dont have anything in your cabin bag you need during the flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭MountainAshIRL

Hi flying with Aerlingus and just wondering what is the procedure re kids asthma inhaler and mask being taken on as hand luggage?
    Is it allowed do I need a letter from the doctor about it?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

Are they not under 100ml?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Hi flying with Aerlingus and just wondering what is the procedure re kids asthma inhaler and mask being taken on as hand luggage?
    Thanks

I've taken mine on every flight, put it through the security scanner and all. Never once had an issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭xkariex

I've never had an issue taking my inhalers. Just put them in a clear bag and it's all good. I'm not sure about the mask, no harm in ringing them to be sure ..

Thanks for the replies, just rang and he does need a letter from his doctor about it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Thanks

Regardless of airline, to get through security with liquid above 100ml for a medical purpose you will most likely need a medical note. However i don't see there being a problem with inhalers, they are generally quite small too and taking you should be fine, just bring them along and place them in a plastic bag like liquid.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,445 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Thanks for the replies, just rang and he does need a letter from his doctor about it.

When you ring with a question like that, they tend to give you a 'safe' answer that will apply no matter which security person you meet at the scanner. The fact is that if the container total capacity is 100 ml or less and the capacity is marked on the outside, you don't need a letter from anyone, just put it in a transparent bag with the other fluids like toothpaste and since the mask is not a liquid, I don't see why that should arise in this discussion at all.

You have two people above saying they don't need a letter, just put it through the scanner.

• Advertisement

coylemj wrote: »
    When you ring with a question like that, they tend to give you a 'safe' answer that will apply no matter which security person you meet at the scanner. The fact is that if the container total capacity is 100 ml or less and the capacity is marked on the outside, you don't need a letter from anyone, just put it in a transparent bag with the other fluids like toothpaste and since the mask is not a liquid, I don't see why that should arise in this discussion at all.

You have two people above saying they don't need a letter, just put it through the scanner.

Thanks for your reply. Yes I was thinking that but was worried as its medication and i also wanted to send a steroid just in case. I wasn't travelling, just my son and his dad so that also makes you worry a little more :) €10 for a letter that I probably didn't need but it's worth not having to worry about anything!

Advertisement