Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*All* Carry-on Baggage charges Queries & Questions ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Manta400r

Thanks for the help not going to risk it. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 25,445 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Carnacalla wrote: »
    How strict are Stobart on the Carry-On?

It all depends on whether the flight is full or not, same as with Aer Lingus flights to/from Heathrow where most passengers have carry-on only.

The overhead bins on Stobart are smaller than the regular Airbus fleet and over the wings the bins are even smaller.

If you have two bags, sling one over your shoulder and carry the other one in your hand. Don't make silly attempts to hide the second bag, that will only attract attention to yourself and try to be early in the queue to board.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭cobham

I need a gluten free diet so food on flights is always a problem. I used to take a pot of yogurt until it was decided it was a liquid at security and pot was just over the 100 mls.... downed it on the spot rather than have it dumped and go hungry on long flight.

I think it is Australia that is strict on any type of fresh food being brought in. I took packaged and unopened gluten free items in my main luggage and that was ok.

There is quite a selection of items to buy airside that you could bring onto plane especially good value is the Boots 'meal deal' in Terminal One only. You can get from Terminal Two to One 'airside' in about 7 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Any recomendations?
    Id like to get the kelty redwing 44 but the price in Europe in comparison to the US price is astronomical.

Anybody recommend one?

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

seannash wrote: »
    Any recomendations?
    Id like to get the kelty redwing 44 but the price in Europe in comparison to the US price is astronomical.

Anybody recommend one?

I have a Cabinmax Palermo backpack (taken on 8 flights so far, still perfect) which is very light and extremely capacious. However, at about £25 (Amazon) it might be too cheap for you in comparison to your original choice :o

• Advertisement

seannash wrote: »
    Any recomendations?

Anybody recommend one?

Buy the next one on special offer in Lidl or Aldi for about €20. That's what I did about three years ago and it's been excellent value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Traveling to Stansted with Ryanair.
    Do they allow a suit bag as carry on luggage?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭webpal

Want to get a 7" tablet in Edinburgh and bring it back in hand luggage with Ryanair as a present. Would security want to have a look through the box etc? Obviously it will have to go through X-ray but would they want to take it out of the box?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

RoYoBo wrote: »
    I have a Cabinmax Palermo backpack (taken on 8 flights so far, still perfect) which is very light and extremely capacious. However, at about £25 (Amazon) it might be too cheap for you in comparison to your original choice :o
    Jesus no, I'd love to avoid paying 200 euros for a backpack. I just need it to be comfortable for treks so I was looking at the Kelty. I'll takee a looka t your recommendation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭sonnybill

2 small 4inch rechargeable batteries that I purchased on eBay .. My sister is to bring them back Friday from uk in her hand luggage .

We both afraid that they might be not allowed as hand luggage and chucked;-(

• Registered Users Posts: 82,596 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

sonnybill wrote: »
    2 small 4inch rechargeable batteries that I purchased on eBay .. My sister is to bring them back Friday from uk in her hand luggage .

We both afraid that they might be not allowed as hand luggage and chucked;-(

What type of batteries are they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Maharabeg

I am going to France from Dublin with Aer Lingus but first will be taking a flight from Kerry Airport to Dublin with Aer Lingus as well. I just noticed there is a difference in size and weight of carry on baggage. The flight from Kerry to Dublin only allows 7kg and dimensions are smaller. I have already planned my bag and what I am bringing with me. I am wondering if anyone out there has experienced changing from a regional to regular to Aer Lingus flights and if they are strict about the baggage allowance on the regional flights if also travelling on a regular flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭thomasj

Are lingus regional are much smaller aircrafts and therefore carry less luggage than the conventional aer lingus flights

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Aer Lingus regional are turboprop planes operated by Stobart Air on their behalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The regional flights are prop planes - much smaller planes with smaller overhead bins. You'll need to make sure your carry on guts both planes

Maharabeg wrote: »
    ... and if they are strict about the baggage allowance on the regional flights if also travelling on a regular flight.

The people operating the regional flights enforce their own rules, what type of aircraft you're transferring to for your next leg is neither here nor there.

The overhead bins are smaller on the regional flights than the ones on the Airbus fleet and the bins above the wings are even smaller again. You probably won't be allowed to bring a bag onboard that exceeds the published limits for cabin baggage ......

https://www.aerlingus.com/travel-information/baggage-information/cabin-baggage/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Just an FYI:

United Airlines have changed their carry-on luggage rules
    The new policy state that flyers who purchase a Basic Economy ticket can only bring one small item on board—9 inches x 10 inches x 17 inches—that must be able to fit under the seat, not overhead, according to United. Any bag larger than that can be checked for a fee.

Taken from here.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Just an FYI:

United Airlines have changed their carry-on luggage rules
    The new policy state that flyers who purchase a Basic Economy ticket can only bring one small item on board—9 inches x 10 inches x 17 inches—that must be able to fit under the seat, not overhead, according to United. Any bag larger than that can be checked for a fee.

Taken from here.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

I may be wrong but I believe this will only apply to American domestic flights and not international routes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

Another FYI, Emirates in my experience are pretty chilled out about carry on luggage however I, and most of my office, have noticed in the past two weeks that they are weighing everyone's carry on to see if its 7kg or under. It has been particularly annoying for the ladies in the office who carry large hand bags as well and their carry on as they are nabbing them also.

Just a heads up.

:CARRY-ON ALLOWANCE. The amount of cabin baggage allowed per passenger depends on the fare type, route travelled and Emirates Skywards membership. Economy customers are allowed one piece of cabin baggage with maximum dimensions of 22 x 15 x 8 inches (55 x 38 x 20 cm) and a maximum weight of 15 lbs (7 kg)."

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭ttenneb

Is there a restriction on taking 100 ml. perfume glass bottle bought in Lanzarote to Dublin with Aer Lingus as cabin luggage? Their web site doesn't mention if it must be in plastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Walter2016

ttenneb wrote: »
    Is there a restriction on taking 100 ml. perfume glass bottle bought in Lanzarote to Dublin with Aer Lingus as cabin luggage? Their web site doesn't mention if it must be in plastic.

No problem, but it should be out of its box.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭ttenneb

Thanks for info. Pity the Aer Lingua site isn't more explicit.

ttenneb wrote: »
    Thanks for info. Pity the Aer Lingua site isn't more explicit.

It's not the airline, it's the airport that implements security rules about liquids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

the bottle must not hold more than 100ml also

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭tendjose

Hi,

Is a Shaver allowed in hand luggage?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Manual?

Answer is yes - put in the plastic clear bag same as liquids though

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭tendjose

abarkie wrote: »
    Manual?

Answer is yes - put in the plastic clear bag same as liquids though

Nop it uses batteries.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭c_meth

tendjose wrote: »
    Nop it uses batteries.

I always take a battery one in hand luggage. Don't put it in clear plastic bag. Never had any hassle.

Advertisement