Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*All* Carry-on Baggage charges Queries & Questions ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭bill66

This post has been deleted.

FFS are you serious, just take the right sized bag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

bill66 wrote: »
    FFS are you serious, just take the right sized bag.

No its a valid point. A large coat can be carried IN ADDITION TO the carry on + laptop case + duty free bag.

And lots of coats have deep pockets ;)

Holy crap, just back from Ryanair flight where half the plane were drunk, shouting Ballymun tracksuits (for a pool tournament in Malta).

I'm paying for priority seating next time and even going for those seats at the front of the plane to avoid the scumbags.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

mrcheez wrote: »
    Holy crap, just back from Ryanair flight where half the plane were drunk, shouting Ballymun tracksuits (for a pool tournament in Malta).

I'm paying for priority seating next time and even going for those seats at the front of the plane to avoid the scumbags.

What kind of baggage did they have?

Bluefoam wrote: »
    What kind of baggage did they have?

Pool cues and pregnant wives in pyjamas*

* I kid you not

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

This has probably been asked many times before, but Search isn't working for me...

Can you take a full-sized umbrella onto Ryanair as cabin baggage? Ryanair's cabin baggage rules don't mention umbrellas: https://www.ryanair.com/gb/en/useful-info/help-centre/faq-overview/Baggage/What-cabin-baggage-can-I-carry I think other airlines allow umbrellas but I don't know about Ryanair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

How many 100ml liquids can be carried in hand luggage

Going to France shortly and intend bringing back some baby meds from Pharmacy there

Will ensure each bottle is 100ml

I realize each container must be in a clear plastic bag. Is there a limit how many plastics bags , and how many 100ml containers can be carried thru Airport security (France)

Thanks

Ps will be travelling without the baby

• Registered Users Posts: 29,350 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Presume it's the same in France, but here it's one 1l plastic bag which must be closeable (ie not stuffed beyond capacity).

That's going by the book.... I've often brought more but got pulled on it once and had to throw out a load of bottles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭spacekiwi

Just wondered has anyone recently fliwn klm airline from cork or dublin to stockholm sweden?
    Just want to know baggage limits..
    I paid fifty euro extra to take a case upto 23kg in the plane belly, but whats the deal with carry on??
    A friend said all airlines now let you take a cabin bag on, and a backpack or satchel..
    Is that true?? Are there weight limits??
    Anyone knowfor certain, help would be appreciated. Thanks

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,600 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

You're allowed the usual carry ons.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

k123456 wrote: »
    How many 100ml liquids can be carried in hand luggage

Going to France shortly and intend bringing back some baby meds from Pharmacy there

Will ensure each bottle is 100ml

I realize each container must be in a clear plastic bag. Is there a limit how many plastics bags , and how many 100ml containers can be carried thru Airport security (France)

Thanks

Ps will be travelling without the baby
    One bag per passenger, each container must be no more than 100ml and the total combined can not exceed 1 litre. The bag must be sealable, so the contents must fit inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭spacekiwi

I missed that page, thanks..it was all there hidden in plain sight. Cheers.

I have been working the 2 bag trick for years. Never been pulled up on it.
    Yeah, it can work especially if your going through security as a pair or with a few people, my mum often has two of the plastic bags with all her makeup etc and between the two of us we shared out stuff in 3/4 trays and the security staff never copped on all of the liquid were ours, but if you're alone this might be more difficult and you then risk having some of your liquids confiscated, which happens, and would be very frustrating if its medicine you've spent a lot of money on.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,600 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Ive seen people pulled up a few times for more than one bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭bonjurkes

Did Ryanair changed in-cabin baggage allowances after new year? Afaik, it was 1 cabin bag for free and it goes in cargo or in the cabin. But did they increase it to two bags for free?

I read that one of the bags has to go under cargo if you dont pay for priority so I was wondering if I can carry 2 cabin size bags for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭VG31

bonjurkes wrote: »
    Did Ryanair changed in-cabin baggage allowances after new year? Afaik, it was 1 cabin bag for free and it goes in cargo or in the cabin. But did they increase it to two bags for free?

I read that one of the bags has to go under cargo if you dont pay for priority so I was wondering if I can carry 2 cabin size bags for free.

The allowance is unchanged. It's still one 10kg standard cabin sized bag and one small 'personal item'. The change now is that unless you pay for priority boarding you have to gate check your bag (for no charge). You can only bring the small bag on-board.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

This may be a bit stupid of me, three maybe four of us travelling to Rome in June for four nights, would probably need one checked bag at 20kg, what's the cheapest way with Ryan air as regards booking this scenario, do I need to make book one with the added priority stuff & a separate booking at the cheapest standard fare for the rest of the group with just a small carry on?

Or just 1 booking & add one bag online afterwards, assume you can do this?

Just don't need or want 2/3 checked bags but need 1

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,959 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Just a heads up for those who might have missed it, although it was flagged.

You will HAVE to purchase priority boarding in order to bring the wheely (10kg) bag on board from this month.

I think this is great news personally. All bags will fit provided you purchase priority, although I'm guessing there are only so many of those seats so the earlier you book the better I suppose. And of course some people don't mind their bag going in the hold either. It will be free.

I know passengers have removed the tags and taken the bags on board anyway, but the answer to this is to have a different coloured tag for hold and priority, unless someone can see a flaw in that!

http://www.thejournal.ie/ryanair-second-bag-3787089-Jan2018/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

This may be a bit stupid of me....

Thanks

Priority and the 20kg checked bag are not connected in anyway

If you want a 20kg bag checked in before security you have to pay just like before

The new system is simply that if you don't buy priority then the usual 10KG carry on bag has to be put in the hold when boarding plane

• Registered Users Posts: 25,439 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Does anyone know the rules around the Aer Lingus charges for checked-in bag and specifically, what determines if a flight is 'near', 'mid' or 'far'?

I just went to book a flight as a test but they've decided not to show me the baggage charges until after I enter my name, address etc. which is a complete PITA.

Edit: Found it, click this link, scroll to 'Checked Baggage Fees - within Europe' and click on one of the categories for a full grid....

https://www.aerlingus.com/travel-information/baggage-information/checked-baggage/#/tab-0-flights-within-europe

• Registered Users Posts: 17,189 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

You will HAVE to purchase priority boarding in order to bring the wheely (10kg) bag on board from this month.

I think this is great news personally. All bags will fit provided you purchase priority, although I'm guessing there are only so many of those seats so the earlier you book the better I suppose. And of course some people don't mind their bag going in the hold either. It will be free.

I know passengers have removed the tags and taken the bags on board anyway, but the answer to this is to have a different coloured tag for hold and priority, unless someone can see a flaw in that!

Only great if they do not enforce the 2nd bag size as most people will not realise that they will have to take all their valuables / things for the flight out of the bigger bag and put into the smaller bag. The 2nd bag size is not to exceed 35cm x 20cm x 20cm. Ryanair does not currently enforce the smaller 2nd bag size

Only great if they do not enforce the 2nd bag size as most people will not realise that they will have to take all their valuables / things for the flight out of the bigger bag and put into the smaller bag. The 2nd bag size is not to exceed 35cm x 20cm x 20cm. Ryanair does not currently enforce the smaller 2nd bag size
    Basically if the second bag is an under seat bag, if it fits there you’ll be fine

Locker10a wrote: »
    Basically if the second bag is an under seat bag, if it fits there you’ll be fine

I know the 2nd bag fits under the seat, there are plenty of bags that will fit under the sit which are bigger than the 2nd bag limit. There will be plenty of people caught out if Ryanair police the 2nd bag size

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

well maybe...the key unknown is how many people can buy priority
    if its most of the plane then little will change for passengers

• Advertisement

If 90 people book priority then there will be little difference to today

Advertisement