Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*All* Carry-on Baggage charges Queries & Questions ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭Masala

Jay Dee wrote: »
    Hi,

Booked a flight to Barcelona, yesterday.
    Couldn't follow the bagage set up, so I booked 1* 40kg in 2 bags, each way.
    Assumed that 24 hour cancellation policy would apply.
    Contacted Customer care.
    Booked Baggage cannot be changed, but can be added to !!
    I wanted 2*25kg out and 3*25kg back.

Any suggestions, or am I just stuck ... ?

Thanks

Jay

Isn't that just typical Ryanair....bury the small print!!!

Even for good customer practice you would think they could be flexible.

we Getting Better... my arse....

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

Hi,
    I've sent a mail to Aer Lingus to see what they say but am looking for feedback for anyone who has brought their childs car seat with the on an Aer Lingus flight.

We only really want to use it for the car we are renting on the other side (rental company couldn't guarantee seat availability). Does anyone know if it's possible to check the seat at the bag drop desk? Flying from Dub airport.

Thanks,

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I checked one in on a transatlantic flight a couple of years ago. Dont think there was an issue/charge for it.

Left it at the front of the plane before boarding with buggy

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭lollpop

You can bring 2 pieces of baby equipment free of charge. You dont check them in online, they are automatically included on the child's ticket. You then drop it off at bag drop in the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

Thanks for that. Was hoping not to kart it through the airport! Phew.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

Thanks for that. Was hoping not to kart it through the airport! Phew.

Worst case scenario is that you might need to bring it to the oversized baggage belt but that's adjacent to the AL are anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

with a car seat we have always dropped it to the bulky luggage, whether aer lingus or Ryanair.

You checkin at the desk as if youre checking in bags and they tag it for you, as bulky luggage is just some burly looking character whose job it is to throw stuff onto a trolley to be brought eventually to the plane - but he cant tag it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭greenore

Have flights booked and just taking hand luggage for 2 day break, outward 21st september, homeward 23rd september

only option is small bag on board or priority & 2 cabin bags

my question, is small bag considered same size as ryanair always let you take on board or is this just like a hand bag? very confusing!!!

i know they changing in october

thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭tnegun

Not having priority just means they will take the large cabin bag from you and place it in the holdbefore you board meaning you just have the smaller bag with you in the cabin. So until October it's the exact same as its always been allowance wise

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭ellobee

tnegun wrote: »
    Not having priority just means they will take the large cabin bag from you and place it in the holdbefore you board meaning you just have the smaller bag with you in the cabin. So until October it's the exact same as its always been allowance wise

Yeah smaller bag being the size of a handbag or small laptop bag

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 leadersway

ellobee wrote: »
    Yeah smaller bag being the size of a handbag or small laptop bag

So therefore you can bring two bags with you. One goes in the hold and cannot be more than 10kg the other you can carry on. The one you carry on has to be very small?? I fly to faro tuesday this wk. Tks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

leadersway wrote: »
    So therefore you can bring two bags with you. One goes in the hold and cannot be more than 10kg the other you can carry on. The one you carry on has to be very small?? I fly to faro tuesday this wk. Tks

You have to put it under the seat in front of you, so the smaller the better.

greenore wrote: »
    Have flights booked and just taking hand luggage for 2 day break, outward 21st september, homeward 23rd september

only option is small bag on board or priority & 2 cabin bags

my question, is small bag considered same size as ryanair always let you take on board or is this just like a hand bag? very confusing!!!

i know they changing in october

thanks in advance

The change isn’t until November. You can take a 10k bag/case which will most likely be tagged and taken off you as you board plus a biggish handbag/laptop bag that will fit under seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 thelastpogue

Hi so we are off to a wedding in spain. We are booked with Aer Lingus, how strict are they on allowing me take my suit in a bag aswell as my 10kg hand luggage? We already have 2 bags booked as checked luggage and have no space left there for suits?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I need to bring injections in my hand luggage. Is a copy of my prescription enough?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Hi so we are off to a wedding in spain. We are booked with Aer Lingus, how strict are they on allowing me take my suit in a bag aswell as my 10kg hand luggage? We already have 2 bags booked as checked luggage and have no space left there for suits?
    You should be fine, just place it on top of other bags in the locker, Aer Lingus will normally take your hand luggage at the check in desk for free anyway so if you’re concerned just check that in for free with the big cases and they’ll be no problem just bringing a suit bag onboard

• Registered Users Posts: 12,419 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

I have often brought my lunch with me onto these flights: my partner tells me a friend of hers was stopped from bring some whole cucumbers on a flight.

Any rules anyone is are of please?
    Thanks
    ps: I suspect its an airport security issue and not airline specific.

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭beachhead

Where was friend going.Buckingham Palace? Cucumber sandwiches all the rage there.Or maybe cucumbers were off.Or allergy among flight crew

• Registered Users Posts: 9,343 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

beachhead wrote: »
    Where was friend going.Buckingham Palace? Cucumber sandwiches all the rage there.Or maybe cucumbers were off.Or allergy among flight crew

they were whole cucumbers, maybe she was trying to pass the time :D way hay

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Food is really only an issue when travelling to the US as the agents who deal with you are also implementing US Dept. of Agriculture regulations and they don't like you bringing fruit or veg. which could be carrying pests and meat which is not in a sealed package can be a problem because of diseases like food & mouth. It makes no difference if you promise to consume the item on the flight, they have to assume that you will bring everything off the plane and into the US.

What you said about it being an airport security issue is correct, it's seldom an airline issue because lots of people (with or without food intolerances) bring their own food because you have to pay for just about everything onboard these days. For a non-US flight, the liquids rule is really the only thing that will trip you up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,589 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I suppose a cucumber could be deemed a weapon on a plane, you could probably knock someone out with one...but then again you could also by smashing them over the head with your laptop, tablet etc.

..... my partner tells me a friend of hers was stopped from bring some whole cucumbers on a flight.

OP, we need to know....... why was your partner's friend trying to bring a cargo of cucumbers to London? And who stopped her - was it DAA security or Aer Lingus cabin crew? And did they give her a reason why the cucumbers were confiscated?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,598 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Why would you bring whole cucumbers on a flight?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,419 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

coylemj wrote: »
    OP, we need to know....... why was your partner's friend trying to bring a cargo of cucumbers to London? And who stopped her - was it DAA security or Aer Lingus cabin crew? And did they give her a reason why the cucumbers were confiscated?

I need to know as well: the reality is that I don't have the detail: my partner is flying on Saturday and i suggested bringing the grub,as I did last weekend, the reply was this yarn about the cucumbers: its unclear.

I see the fruit in Oz has needles, maybe this thing had batteries :D

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

I need to know as well: the reality is that I don't have the detail: my partner is flying on Saturday and i suggested bringing the grub,as I did last weekend, the reply was this yarn about the cucumbers: its unclear.

'I suggested bringing the grub' :eek:

Now we know - you got a severe attack of thrift, she couldn't be bothered making sandwiches for the trip so she made up the story about her friend and the cucumbers ;)

She must like the Aer Lingus chicken and stuffing sandwich.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

I bring a few toasties on all my flights, never a problem. Reuse the old McCambridges bag as well. A penny saved.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

If only I could figure out how to embed the Spinal Tap scene where Derek Smalls goes through security.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Why would you bring whole cucumbers on a flight?

Mile high club for single ladies?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

OmegaGene wrote: »
    they were whole cucumbers, maybe she was trying to pass the time :D way hay

Will she eat the cucumber after?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Homer

This has descended exactly the way I thought it might :D

Advertisement