Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*All* Carry-on Baggage charges Queries & Questions ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 anyanswers

Hi All

I am wondering has any one experienced loosing their luggage going on holidays.

Myself and my friend cabin Bags were carried on to aircraft and then removed by cabin crew to hold of air craft due to lack of space both bags were given tags.

On arrival to Lisbon both bags did not come out in baggage claim conveyor belt
    This was reported in Lisbon airport and they checked and said they did not receive luggage of etir bags.

Unfortunately we didn't have any insurance as we both packed cabin bags. I do not understand how it is possible to loose bags. We were left with no clothes, lost keys and id's

Has anybody ever experienced this before.

Any help would be greatly appreciated on any information given eg can we claim for lost bags, how much for.... Surely Aer lingus will have to foot the bill. Myself alone had really expensive clothes which i will not be able to afford.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Unless 8 year old zombies took it...better to start a new thread :) If you have filed with aer lingus you will have to wait till they finish their search
    anyanswers wrote: »
    Hi All

I am wondering has any one experienced loosing their luggage going on holidays.

Myself and my friend cabin Bags were carried on to aircraft and then removed by cabin crew to hold of air craft due to lack of space both bags were given tags.

On arrival to Lisbon both bags did not come out in baggage claim conveyor belt
    This was reported in Lisbon airport and they checked and said they did not receive luggage of etir bags.

Unfortunately we didn't have any insurance as we both packed cabin bags. I do not understand how it is possible to loose bags. We were left with no clothes, lost keys and id's

Has anybody ever experienced this before.

Any help would be greatly appreciated on any information given eg can we claim for lost bags, how much for.... Surely Aer lingus will have to foot the bill. Myself alone had really expensive clothes which i will not be able to afford.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

lost keys and id's ? Did you not think to carry these on your person ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

if you read the persons statement then you should understand that they took 'on board' the bags into the cabin only for them to be told they needed to be stowed

this is not something I can assume happens many people often, so in the commotion perhaps these things like keys etc didn't come to mind as the stewards likely tried to get it done as quick as possible to not cause any delay

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭seamus1980

Hi guys,i have a quick question,i am goin to book a holiday for xmas to tenerife with travel republic, for four adults,my question can we bring a 10kg carry on each,onto a ryanair flight?as that is all the luggage we will be bringing each.if so does ryanair 10kg carry on need a tag,Thanks all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

https://www.ryanair.com/ie/en/useful-info/help-centre/faq-overview/Baggage#0-0

From Nov 1st you will only be allowed bring a small bag (that can fit under your seat for example) into the cabin inclusive of your standard fare.

To carry your 10kg wheelie luggage into the cabin each passanger will have to purchase priority boarding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭dennyk

Yes if you each book with Priority Boarding you can bring your 10kg bag into the cabin for no additional charge (if it meets the size limitation). Otherwise you'll have to check it at the check-in desk, but if it's 10kg or less it only costs €8 if you pay the bag fee at booking, instead of the €25 for a 20kg checked bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rivegauche

Where Ryanair lead others follow:
    http://www.airliners.de/wizz-air-gepaeckstueck-bord/47175

Wizz Air hat eine Veränderung ihrer Gepäckregularien bekanntgegeben. Ab 1. November darf jeder Reisende ein Handgepäckstück (40 mal 30 mal 20 Zentimeter) kostenfrei mit sich führen. Priority-Passagiere können zusätzlich einen Rollkoffer mit an Bord nehmen. Gepäckstücke bis zehn Kilogramm können ab sieben Euro eingecheckt werden.

translates as
    Wizz has made known a change to luggage regulations.
    From 1st November a traveller may carry on hand luggate which is 40x30x20cm in size for free.
    Priority passengers are allowed carry on a wheelycase too.
    7euro for 10kilo checked luggage.

40x30x20 is 24litres which is larger than the 20litre published allowance for Ryanair but the small sizing cage for Ryanair is actually 25 litres in size
    source: see no.5 at https://www.ryanair.com/ie/en/useful-info/help-centre/faq-overview/Baggage#0-0

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭disco1

Hi.

I have been taking this for a couple of months now.I am going to Canadiens on Thursday..has anyone travelled with this.. it's oil..15 no
    Just wondering if it's going to b es taken off me.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Its legal in Ireland, so it should not be taken from you.

Not sure about your destination though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

disco1 wrote: »
    Hi.

I have been taking this for a couple of months now.I am going to Canadiens on Thursday..has anyone travelled with this.. it's oil..15 no

Thanks.

Have you noticed any benefit from using it?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,403 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Quick question:

Am I right in thinking that after Nov 1st, the only way to put luggage in the hols is to pay the prioroty+two bags+20kg bundle? Or can I just pay the lugagge somehow and not the rest?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Quick question:

Am I right in thinking that after Nov 1st, the only way to put luggage in the hols is to pay the prioroty+two bags+20kg bundle? Or can I just pay the lugagge somehow and not the rest?
    You can just book a hold bag like you always could, you’ll just have a small personal item in the cabin unless you book priority too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Cannabis is now legal in all Canadian territories so shouldn't be a problem in any event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭KevinCavan

It was actually today that weed was legalized in all areas of Canada.

Update.

Did not get taken off me in Dublin or Canadiens.

Thanks

JJayoo wrote: »
    Hi.

Thanks.

Have you noticed any benefit from using it?
    Yes...I was on antidepressants for 4 years .completly off them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

Did you get the CBD oil in Ireland? what brand ? Interesting stuff

I have tried 3 types.

5% from Holland and Barrett...prob not strong enough for me but a good starting point.

20% from www.greenhealing.com

20% bought direct from relieve store at st Stephens green shopping centre..there also available for online delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

I have tried 3 types.

5% from Holland and Barrett...prob not strong enough for me but a good starting point.

20% from www.greenhealing.com

20% bought direct from relieve store at st Stephens green shopping centre..there also available for online delivery.

I don't know if the stuff from H+B is legit.

I bought some CBD oil from Hempture. IE

They are an Irish company and the plants are grown in Wicklow. I had wondered could plants grown in this climate produce a good product.

It's only 3%CBD

I would definitely like to get some good/strong stuff as I have some family members who have reumathoid arthritis and I know it is good for inflammation.

What % should we be aiming for

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

started using this stuff myself, the jellies and the smoke

i was on anti meds also and now free of that chain

Try 20% from green healing....or the cbd relieve shop in dublin do 20 and also 30%

Not cheap...2 months supply (15 mls) is 180 euro.

Or 2 months supply (15 mls) of 20%is 140euro.

I haven't tried 30% as I seem to be doing good with 20%.

Try 20% from green healing....or the cbd relieve shop in dublin do 20 and also 30%

Not cheap...2 months supply (15 mls) is 180 euro.

Or 2 months supply (15 mls) of 20%is 140euro.

I haven't tried 30% as I seem to be doing good with 20%.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

mrmorgan wrote: »
    started using this stuff myself, the jellies and the smoke

i was on anti meds also and now free of that chain

Where did you get the jellies? I've been wanting to get some, but they always seem to be sold out.

I got the oil from H&B btw and for me it's strong enough. Been using it for period pain for a few months now.

miezekatze wrote: »
    Where did you get the jellies? I've been wanting to get some, but they always seem to be sold out.

I got the oil from H&B btw and for me it's strong enough. Been using it for period pain for a few months now.

my vape in rathmines has them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Jameswhalley

Hi quick question

Does CBD oil have the same effect as cannabis to help sleep?

Yes...but the part in normal cannabis is thc is removed so no " stoned " effect.
    It helped me coming off antidepressants and my anxeity levels are good but my sleep is only ok..ive never been a great sleeper but get enough to get by

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

Im interested in trying this for inflammation.

How do you take it, and what is the dosage?

Also - how long to see improvements from use?

....... wrote: »
    Im interested in trying this for inflammation.

How do you take it, and what is the dosage?

Also - how long to see improvements from use?

you can do it many ways,

i take the jellies, great for going to sleep.

you can also smoke it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Jameswhalley

mrmorgan wrote: »
    you can do it many ways,

i take the jellies, great for going to sleep.

you can also smoke it

When you say great for going to sleep

Would they put you to sleep ,or just a better quality of sleep?

Advertisement