Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*All* Carry-on Baggage charges Queries & Questions ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

I want to bring back a bottle or two of whiskey or brandy from Germany( buying it in hamburg not duty free) on a ryanair flight. am i correct in saying the only way i can do this is by checking it in?
    Im thinking with the liquid allowance i can't go through security and bring it on board?

buy it in the airport and you dont have to check it in as youve already passed security.

but you will have to fit it into whatever carry on bag allowence you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Tomtom364 wrote: »
    buy it in the airport and you dont have to check it in as youve already passed security.

but you will have to fit it into whatever carry on bag allowence you have.

Yea i realise that but its cheaper bought in hamburg locally and its local stuff i want.you won't get as good a selection in the airport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Ryanair allow a duty free shopping bag also

Yea i realise that but its cheaper bought in hamburg locally and its local stuff i want.you won't get as good a selection in the airport.

Wont be cheaper if you have to check it in!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

lbc2019 wrote: »
    Wont be cheaper if you have to check it in!

But I'm already checking in a bag anyway lol

• Advertisement

Then put it in your check in!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Yes, you'll need to put it in the bag you're checking in. This has nothing to do with Ryanair though, it's just a standard security policy for the majority of airports.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

Can be placed in yur 10kg bag, assuming you check in this

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

coylemj wrote: »
    It also tells you about buying a seat for the instrument. Which is specifically what the OP is asking about.

At the link I supplied, there is an option in the third column ... 'Extra Seat Item' ....

Smaller musical items such as a guitar, violin or viola which exceed our cabin baggage dimensions may be carried in the cabin if a seat for it has been reserved and the appropriate fare paid. There is no checked or cabin baggage allowance associated with the purchase of an extra seat.

I'd be interested to know if you have to pay extra for a check-in seat for the instrument in order to keep it beside you? Otherwise, random allocation could see you separated at either end of the plane!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

The new bag policy with ryanair is actually so much better (they might not realise)

So essentially if a couple bring a 20kg bag on holiday between them it costs them €40

Now you can get 20kg between you for €20 (the two 10kg check in bags)

The idiots trying to rip the public off dont even see its a way better deal for us :L

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

The new bag policy with ryanair is actually so much better (they might not realise)

So essentially if a couple bring a 20kg bag on holiday between them it costs them €40

The idiots trying to rip the public off dont even see its a way better deal for us :L

You're essentially paying for a carry on, which was originally free, which is now checked in. But alright!

You're essentially paying for a carry on, which was originally free, which is now checked in. But alright!

Yes true but if you look at it now.. Unfortunately yes we have to pay but you get 20kg for €20 instead of 40. Handy for 2 people

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Yes true but if you look at it now.. Unfortunately yes we have to pay but you get 20kg for €20 instead of 40. Handy for 2 people

Handy if you wanted the checked bag in the first place alright to be fair!

Still sneaky of them. Especially now they've raised the price from €6 to €8 for priority + cabin bag if booked with flight...

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭slimboyfat

Anyone know how strict Ryanair are with the new non priority hand luggage rules?

I have a backpack that is a approx 47x28x25 when full, would this get through?

slimboyfat wrote: »
    Anyone know how strict Ryanair are with the new non priority hand luggage rules?

I have a backpack that is a approx 47x28x25 when full, would this get through?

They’re not that strict really. As long as the bag will fit under the seat in front of you, it’s ok. Most people seem to be using backpacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Can you bring the same amount on non priority if I understand it right?

Gael23 wrote: »
    Can you bring the same amount on non priority if I understand it right?

Unless you pay for checked on luggage, you can only bring a large handbag/rucksack/laptop bag. It MUST fit under the seat in front of you.

Unless you pay for checked on luggage, you can only bring a large handbag/rucksack/laptop bag. It MUST fit under the seat in front of you.

There’s priority & 2 cabin bags where you put one under the seat and one 10kg bag overhead. Then there’s a 10kg checked in bag option which I assume allows you to have some sort of additional cabin baggage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Nope. It is either one or the other.

There’s priority & 2 cabin bags where you put one under the seat and one 10kg bag overhead. Then there’s a 10kg checked in bag option which I assume allows you to have some sort of additional cabin baggage.

Yes of course but only a handbag or small bagpack. So you check in your 10kg and then bring on your small backpack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Still sneaky of them. Especially now they've raised the price from €6 to €8 for priority + cabin bag if booked with flight...

Are you sure about that? I just did a test booking Dublin to Dubrovnik in October and it was €6 e/w for priority and 2 bags. It's €8 if you purchase separately after you've made the booking but I've not seen any change for adding it at the time of booking.

Edit: it looks as if the price might change depending on how close to booking your flight is. Tried another one there, 30th March to 2nd April Dublin to London and the outward leg is €10 but the return only €6.

“Ryanair November 2018 bag policy update: As of November 2018, Ryanair's bag policy will change. Only priority boarding passengers will be permitted to take one small bag (35 x 20 x 20cm), plus a larger cabin bag (55 x 40 x 20cm) with a maximum weight allowance of 10kg into the cabin free of charge”
    All answers are here. https://www.ryanair.com/ie/en/useful-info/help-centre/faq-overview/Baggage

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭JimboJones99

I know this is probably a stupid question but you never know with Ryanair and I'm not a frequent traveler!

If you check in a 10kg bag which is too big to carry on as a non priority customer and you need to check it in prior to security, I assume there is no limit on amount toiletries/liquids etc?

I presume it is the same as checking in a 20kg bag?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Yes. Liquids are allowed in checked luggage.

“Ryanair November 2018 bag policy update: As of November 2018, Ryanair's bag policy will change. Only priority boarding passengers will be permitted to take one small bag (35 x 20 x 20cm), plus a larger cabin bag (55 x 40 x 20cm) with a maximum weight allowance of 10kg into the cabin free of charge”
    All answers are here. https://www.ryanair.com/ie/en/useful-info/help-centre/faq-overview/Baggage
    If its a case that everyone opts for priority and theres not enough room for your bag, will they then charge you to put it in the hold?

If its a case that everyone opts for priority and theres not enough room for your bag, will they then charge you to put it in the hold?

Priority is limited

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭hesker

Just checking in now.

Priority sold out.

€12 per person to check in a bag and bring a small bag on the plane. No option to share a check in bag between two people unless you check in separately.

hesker wrote: »
    Just checking in now.

Priority sold out.

€12 per person to check in a bag and bring a small bag on the plane. No option to share a check in bag between two people unless you check in separately.

I’ve never seen the option to share anywhere. You would just need to split the cost between you.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,348 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I’ve never seen the option to share anywhere. You would just need to split the cost between you.

I think what this poster means is that there's no option to only book one check in bag when two people made a booking together. I've seen something similar posted before. You can either book 2 check in bags, or none.

• Advertisement

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I think what this poster means is that there's no option to only book one check in bag when two people made a booking together. I've seen something similar posted before. You can either book 2 check in bags, or none.

We’ve had the same problem with booking one priority bag, so did 2 separate bookings. We were questioned at the gate as we boarded together. I think that they were hoping for a €25 victim!

Advertisement