Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*All* Carry-on Baggage charges Queries & Questions ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

coylemj wrote: »
    I'm surprised Ryanair doesn't give them mobile payment machines. Allowing staff to collect cash at the gate is an open invitation for pilferage.

It can't be good for morale among the cabin crew - the check-in people at the gate are raking in the cash and sending people with big bags onto the plane where they will delay departure while space is found for their bags.

Anything to back up your claim of theft?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

He said 'open to theft'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

He said 'open to theft'

but then said "the check-in people at the gate are raking in the cash"

• Registered Users Posts: 25,417 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Yes, I have CCTV footage. If you send me $1,000 via Western Union I can let you have a sample.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,665 ✭✭✭torrevieja

Hass Ryanair Got a New Choice when booking flights,

I was booking today and noticed different choice maybe im wrong but it does say a Small bag must fit under ur seat so what weight is this bag is this not the 10kg cabin bag anymore ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Gavlor

torrevieja wrote: »
    Hass Ryanair Got a New Choice when booking flights,

I was booking today and noticed different choice maybe im wrong but it does say a Small bag must fit under ur seat so what weight is this bag is this not the 10kg cabin bag anymore ?

Think over the shoulder school ag as opposed to the 10kg roller bag. I saw a guy stopped at the gate and charged extra for his rectangular sports bag on Sunday. They’re fairly strict on the measurements now as opposed to the weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭FluffPiece

It's a small bag that needs to fit under the seat. You don't get the 10kg cabin bag now unless you take priority boarding

• Registered Users Posts: 29,184 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

The price of the flight gets you one small bag that must fit under the seat in front of you.

Add priority boarding, and you get to bring a 10kg cabin bag onto the plane with you

You can pay to check in either a 10kg or a 20kg hold bag.

Those are the options these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Beersmith

This has been in place for roughly a year, nothing new

• Registered Users Posts: 1,665 ✭✭✭torrevieja

i dont think thats correct i booked in December there were 3 options and the usual priority 20 kg bag and 10 kg on plane :

Priority & 2 Cabin Bags
    Passengers on your booking with Priority & 2 Cabin Bags can avail of the Priority queue and bring 2 bags into the cabin. 1 which must fit under the seat in front of them and the other (max 10kg, a small wheelie bag) which can be stored in the overhead locker.

the new is this :
    Includes 20kg Check-in Bag
    1 small bag
    Must fit under seat
    Reserved seat
    Specific rows available
    20kg Check-in Bag
    Drop bag at check-in desk
    Free check-in at the airport
    Up to 40 minutes before your flight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭Nothing surprises me now

There's a video on Ryanair website showing the size of bag allowed which goes under the seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Wackoo7

I'm confused, according to policy at airports a person is allowed up to one litre of liquids and gels in a clear plastic bag measuring 20x20cm.
    It is not humanly possible to fit 10 containers measuring 100ml each into a plastic bag of the measurements allowed.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Moved to a more suited forum in the travel section. MOD

Wackoo7 wrote: »
    I'm confused, according to policy at airports a person is allowed up to one litre of liquids and gels in a clear plastic bag measuring 20x20cm.
    It is not humanly possible to fit 10 containers measuring 100ml each into a plastic bag of the measurements allowed.[/quote

You take 2 plastic bags (available before security) and pack your containers into them. I've never seen anyone with 10 containers tbh, do you have 10 liquid items you need to take?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,102 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

You take 2 plastic bags (available before security) and pack your containers into them. I've never seen anyone with 10 containers tbh, do you have 10 liquid items you need to take?

No you don't, you're only entitled to 1 bag unless the second is for medication.

OP the 1 litre volume applies to the capacity of the bag not the amount of liquids in the containers enclosed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,341 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

It is not humanly possible to fit 10 containers measuring 100ml each into a plastic bag of the measurements allowed.[/quote

This is incorrect. The previous poster is accurate. One plastic bag 1l in volume. Not 1l of liquids

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

One bag per person and it must close.

I travelled through schipol earlier this month, it's fantastic. No bags needed! Just leave it all in your hand luggage. Easiest airport I've travelled through.

Apologies OP, I honestly thought allowed 2 bags. I've used 2 in the past a few times and no one ever said anything to me at security. I'll know
    next time to just have the one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,417 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Caranica wrote: »
    OP the 1 litre volume applies to the capacity of the bag not the amount of liquids in the containers enclosed.

That's what I thought as well, a one litre sealed bag. But if you look it up on the Dublin Airport website, it's could be intrepreted to mean a combined one litre of liquids in your containers. Which is physically impossible if they're in separate 100ml containers and the bag has a capacity of one litre. So you'd need bag with a capacity of >1 litre.

If carrying liquids please present your liquids, gels and pastes in a single, sized (maximum 1 litre worth of contents) and sealed plastic bag that is separate to your hand luggage. There are free plastic bags available before you go through security.

https://www.dublinairport.com/at-the-airport/security/hand-baggage

'One litre worth of contents' to me reads one litre of liquids.

The bags they have in Dublin airport are definitely not larger than 1l capacity, if anything they're smaller. I tried a 20x20x5 zipped transparent pouch but they stopped me and made me try to fit my stuff in one of their bags so I lost stuff.

• Advertisement

Only one plastic bag per person is allowed, so you see my problem.
    I can not fit any more that three 100ml containers in one plastic bag measuring 20x20cm

I can not fit any more that three 100ml containers in one plastic bag measuring 20x20cm

Do you need 100ml containers? If you're only taking hand luggage I presume you're not going for long? You can get miniatures of everything and very few of them would be anywhere near 100ml

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

I was passing through Cork Airport last week had everything in a small freezer bag but the guard was having none of it and made me put everything into one of the official bags which then wouldn't close (there was probably only 500-600ml of liquid combined in total) and proceeded to tell me that I couldn't take everything that the bag had to close. This is the first time I was told this, this is the first time this has happened, a few months back I came through Berlin Airport with a bigger bag and more items it wasn't an issue, leaving from Kerry it wasn't an issue. It kind of p*ssed me off, I think it's down to the individual guard, like I said there was no more than 600ml in the bag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

You might be able to fit a litre of liquid into one of those bags but then you couldn't close it. DAA information is open to interpretation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭blackbox

Seamai wrote: »
    I was passing through Cork Airport last week had everything in a small freezer bag but the guard was having none of it and made me put everything into one of the official bags which then wouldn't close (there was probably only 500-600ml of liquid combined in total) and proceeded to tell me that I couldn't take everything that the bag had to close. This is the first time I was told this, this is the first time this has happened, a few months back I came through Berlin Airport with a bigger bag and more items it wasn't an issue, leaving from Kerry it wasn't an issue. It kind of p*ssed me off, I think it's down to the individual guard, like I said there was no more than 600ml in the bag.

The security operative in Cork is the one who was doing his job properly.

It's not open to interpretation.

(Whether the rules are effective is another matter!)

The idea is that one dispenses liquids into smaller containers or use miniatures. If travelling to stay in a hotel, most toiletries are available there. Same goes for visiting family.

The idea is that one dispenses liquids into smaller containers or use miniatures. If travelling to stay in a hotel, most toiletries are available there. Same goes for visiting family.

If an allowance is 1 litre in total then why is one not allowed to use a bag that holds that amount in smaller sizes. It's ludricous, they are contradicting their own rules

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭galvo_clare

Caranica wrote: »
    The bags they have in Dublin airport are definitely not larger than 1l capacity, if anything they're smaller. I tried a 20x20x5 zipped transparent pouch but they stopped me and made me try to fit my stuff in one of their bags so I lost stuff.

20x20x5 makes two litres.

Advertisement