Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City v Newcastle

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Carragher sounds like air being let out of a balloon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

What West Brom clip? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Are you allowed to say "crap" on Sky Sports? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Carragher is awful, Hilarious though hahaha

"bacckkkkkkk"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Carragher is a terrible pundit. Inarticulate, nervous, rambles, no polish at all.

Eugh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

It's fairly vacuous to criticise a commentator because of his accent.

quarryman wrote: »
    Carragher is a terrible pundit. Inarticulate, nervous, rambles, no polish at all.

Eugh.

Poor pundit, good analyst imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭Ilik Urgee

That_Guy wrote: »
    Carragher sounds like air being let out of a balloon.

Just switched onto it there,can't stop laughing. What's with the hands?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ambid

Eugh.

Aw come on - it's his first week! Giles has been doing this for over 30 years. Give Carragher a few weeks and let him settle in, he's obviously very nervous as he's tripping over himself half way through his sentences and not completing his thoughts. He'll be fine in a few weeks.

My biggest problem is Neville looks inhibited. They should move Carragher to the Saturday Night programme or the Jeff Stelling Saturday afternoon show - God knows he's already much better than that clown Merson.

• Advertisement

I'm pretty sure Pellegrini is just John Giles after a lot of plastic surgery.

Mute the TV and it looks like Carragher is having a rave.

ambid wrote: »
    Aw come on - it's his first week! Giles has been doing this for over 30 years. Give Carragher a few weeks and let him settle in, he's obviously very nervous as he's tripping over himself half way through his sentences and not completing his thoughts. He'll be fine in a few weeks.

My biggest problem is Neville looks inhibited. They should move Carragher to the Saturday Night programme or the Jeff Stelling Saturday afternoon show - God knows he's already much better than that clown Merson.

Tbf he is the proverbial virgin. Surprised as he's normally much more composed but as you say he's not even completing his train of thought.
    Neville not doing him any favours either though.

I think Neville is trying not cut across him and make him look worse. Neville was nervous his first few weeks too. Carragher looks to be a real coup for Sky Sports, as long as he's allowed to continue to call players crap when he thinks! :D

Pardew will blame the Cabaye bid for our spectacular failings today. Predictable.

There you go. Jesus wept.

Pardew: "We don't have too much to be concerned about tonight"

*bangs head off desk*

• Advertisement

Imagine Fergie or Wenger defending Taylor there,I know it's indefensible but he coulda lifted the ref out of it instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

So it's basically Arsenal's fault that Newcastle lost tonight, according to Pardew.

There you go. Jesus wept.

What actually stopped him playing tonight? A bid on the day of a match that Newcastle will probably throw out. I can see why he's pissed about that. You know that policy wasnt his choice.

Paully D wrote: »
    So it's basically Arsenal's fault that Newcastle lost tonight, according to Pardew.

He had a ready made excuse in Cabaye tonight. Sick of it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Sigh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Paully D wrote: »

Poor arsenal. Don't buy we get slated. Try and buy by bidding for a player we get the blame for them losing.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

Eugh.

Ah he's not at all. Neville was no better/worse when he started, he admits as much himself. Once he gets used to the role he'll be very good.

Not sure I like the idea of having the two of them on at the same time though as they both seem to think alike, so have a tendency to just repeat what the other said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Carragher has played against every player and every team in the world it would seem!

Johner wrote: »
    Carragher has played against every player and every team in the world it would seem!

He loves a good name drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ambid

Johner wrote: »
    He loves a good name drop.

He's just nervous.

It really is amazing just how many people are lining up to slag off a guy who's only been in the job one week!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭baboo800

Newcastle were dreadful tonight and I can't really see them staying up if they continue to play like they did

He's just nervous.

It really is amazing just how many people are lining up to slag off a guy who's only been in the job one week!

I wasn't slagging him. I just find him difficult to listen to. He needs to learn to slow down when talking but he should be ok when he settles into his new environment. Wouldn't say he's that used to so much air time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

His accent does my head in, knows his football but its painful to listen too

Advertisement