Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why Supervising Dogs and Kids is Not Sufficient

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ferretone

Title could be a little tweaked: "Why Supervising Dogs and Kids is Not Sufficient", I would call it! Just to get people to read it who might otherwise dismiss, you understand. Really excellent article though. Many thanks for posting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Good idea. Changed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Article seems fairly spot on.

In my own situation the neighbours kids come into the front garden to play with my dog, and the dog enjoys it most of the time but when shes fed up she walks out to the back garden. I had to explain to the kids if the dog does that, don't follow her leave her alone, and she will come back to play with you later if she feels like it.

I feel like most bites with a healthy mentally stable dog are avoidable, its just many people don't know how to read the signs leading up to it.

Advertisement