Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5th year nerves!!

• 19-08-2013 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Okay so I am skipping transition year and going straight into 5th year, I am nervous due to the fact most of my friends are doing ty and there will be new older pupils in my class from the previous ty. Will it be difficult settling into this? What is 5/6th year like honestly is 5th year difficult? I am worried about most of my subjects especially Irish,English,Biology and Spanish any tips? How much studying should I be doing on top of homework? Any tips to keep on top of everything? Any advice will be appreciated! Thanks! :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭fontdor

Stephen9 wrote: »
    Okay so I am skipping transition year and going straight into 5th year, I am nervous due to the fact most of my friends are doing ty and there will be new older pupils in my class from the previous ty. Will it be difficult settling into this? What is 5/6th year like honestly is 5th year difficult? I am worried about most of my subjects especially Irish,English,Biology and Spanish any tips? How much studying should I be doing on top of homework? Any tips to keep on top of everything? Any advice will be appreciated! Thanks! :)

Hello. First of calm down nothing is going to happen. Think about it this way. The guys or girls in 5th year are the same people who were once in your position and were in 3rd year and went into 5th year.

Secondly if you start to work very hard from the beginning of 5th year then no it is not hard at all. Just keep studying and do exam papers in 5th year by yourself and I promise you it is going to be very easy.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Stephen9

Thank you for the advice! How many hours roughly should I be doing homework and study also? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Ciaran511

5th year is actually easy enough but you do get a fair amount of work.. You'll do great during the year if you just do your homework every night, studying is not really important in 5th except when like Christmas and Summer exams come in but they're not difficult either!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭fontdor

Stephen9 wrote: »
    Thank you for the advice! How many hours roughly should I be doing homework and study also? Thanks

Well tbh I didn't study at all so I failed. But if you're doing all higher about 2 hours study with 15 min breaks.

Advertisement