Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Crew - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

If you want to add me on XBL, Eire 71 PBJ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

If you want to add me on XBL, Eire 71 PBJ.

Got you're invite earlier...I can't even get a decent run online. When i try to do any death matches etc i get timed out...I'll try again tomorrow..
    VivverrineAuto63

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭floydmoon1

So by looking at the player ranking in the crew we can see the following

PS3 GTA online Players - 115

XBOX GTA online Players - 77

So that being a total 192 players who have played gta online in our crew there is 108 who havent.

Is it time to start kicking people who dont have the game and inviting those who want to play in the crew.

The more active members playing the better for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭TheTacticsGuy

I started GTA Online last night and want to play with other boards crew members.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,874 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

floydmoon1 wrote: »
    So by looking at the player ranking in the crew we can see the following

PS3 GTA online Players - 115

XBOX GTA online Players - 77

So that being a total 192 players who have played gta online in our crew there is 108 who havent.

Is it time to start kicking people who dont have the game and inviting those who want to play in the crew.

The more active members playing the better for everyone.

I have gotten a few messages where people have told me they won't be online until a week or two and asking not to be kicked. Plus there were over 5000 pending invites that brough my crew management page to a standstill, kept freezing. Over the last 2 days I have been deleting invites and got it down to 2500. When they are all deleted, hopefully my page will start working okay again and I can properly check stats. At the moment, I can't even see who is top of our crew.
    I started GTA Online last night and want to play with other boards crew members.

Sorry man, the boards-ie crew is full at 300 members but there are other boards crews setup at the top of this forum you can join.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭floydmoon1

I think it would be best to delete all requests and ask people to post their psn id here if they want to join so that it is easier for you.

If you want I can look at making a list of people in the crew who dont have the game.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

floydmoon1 wrote: »
    I think it would be best to delete all requests and ask people to post their psn id here if they want to join so that it is easier for you.

If you want I can look at making a list of people in the crew who dont have the game.

Cool yeah if you can and then I can check it out. That's the plan anyway that when all requests are deleted, the page will hopefully start working okay for me and once people are 'relieved' of crew duty, I will open it up to invites but only people who post here or something like that.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I have gotten a few messages where people have told me they won't be online until a week or two and asking not to be kicked. Plus there were over 5000 pending invites that brough my crew management page to a standstill, kept freezing. Over the last 2 days I have been deleting invites and got it down to 2500. When they are all deleted, hopefully my page will start working okay again and I can properly check stats. At the moment, I can't even see who is top of our crew.

Sorry man, the boards-ie crew is full at 300 members but there are other boards crews setup at the top of this forum you can join.

I've been with the Boards crew since Max Payne dude

I've been with the Boards crew since Max Payne dude

Ah shyte, I thought you were looking to join, sorry man. Leave your gamertag anyway for people to add you. Good crowds of Boards crew members on every evening, shouldn't have a problem finding a game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

If I get kicked I will hunt the boards crew down with a fiery passion... :P

Nah, in seriousness though, I won't be able to play GTA Online for another few weeks. I want to stay in the crew but if ye don't want dead weight for that time then I "guess we's goin' to da mattresses!" :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Yeah I'm holding out till they sort out the deleted character issues before returning, don't want to start a new one only to lose it again.

Gamertag is Cremkie

Also, I won't be kicking anyone who has been with the crew since the beginning, whether they have GTA V or not. Kicking will really be a last resort as the Boards 2 crew and other crews are actively recruiting so it's not like people won't have a crew to join. No prob Wnolan, won't be kicking you :)

This is why I want to avoid kicking as well, it's just a game and a bit of a laugh with the crew system. If RP turned into real cash money, I would be dropping fools all around me, not worth pissing people off over.

And like Benzino said, a lot of people not playing because of the issues online. Will take a few weeks to iron out.

1 last thing, the social site isn't the most reliable when it comes to stats. This shows I haven't even played it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

Noticed that too plus the leader-boards seem to be scrambled.

I have just sent a bunch of Friend request to XBOX Social club users on the boards crew.

My R* username is: gar-outlaw

If you had your Xbox Live account visible I also sent a friend request from my live account, gamertag: Gary F

feel free to add me, I don't get online every nigh of the week, but should be online 2-3 nights a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Furp wrote: »
    Noticed that too plus the breadboards seem to be scrambled.

I have just sent a bunch of Friend request to XBOX Social club users on the boards crew.

My R* username is: gar-outlaw

If you had your Xbox Live account visible I also sent a friend request from my live account, gamertag: Gary F

feel free to add me, I don't get online every nigh of the week, but should be online 2-3 nights a week.

Just accepted your social club request and messaged you.

Okay, I have deleted over 5000 invites from the crew. Apologies if I deleted any invites from people here on boards but I couldn't go through all of them.

The crew is currently full at 300 but a few people left last week so there will be openings. If interested in joining, send an invite to the crew here

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/boards-ie

I'm not sure if you can write a message with your invite but if you can, write down your Boards name. If not, post here that you sent an invite. I will send an invite back and when a position opens, you can use that invite to accept in. I spose if there are multiple people looking to join, it will be the quickst to the draw. If I see there is an opening, I will post here.

Thanks lads, been some great crew games so far and been loads from the Boards-ie crew on everynight. It definitely makes online a bigger laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Can't request an invite when the crew is full :(

How on earth was there over 5000 invite requests? :pac:

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Can't request an invite when the crew is full :(

How on earth was there over 5000 invite requests? :pac:

Ah Jaysus, Rockstar must have listened to me. I think some people might have put the link on different forums, only thing I could think of. It crashed my crew management page. I don't think you were supposed to be able to request an invite when the crew was full but they still managed to so I sent rockstar an email about it.

Okay... Just have to keep an eye on the crew page so, if you see it drop below 300 send an invite request.

• Advertisement

Ah Jaysus, Rockstar must have listened to me. I think some people might have put the link on different forums, only thing I could think of. It crashed my crew management page. I don't think you were supposed to be able to request an invite when the crew was full but they still managed to so I sent rockstar an email about it.

Okay... Just have to keep an eye on the crew page so, if you see it drop below 300 send an invite request.

Just found a glitch.
    Even though the crew is full and I could not send a request to join from your link, if you go to the search page and type "boards" and search, I could request an invite there!!

I did it just to test, and now when I go back to your link, it says invite pending :)

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Just found a glitch.
    Even though the crew is full and I could not send a request to join from your link, if you go to the search page and type "boards" and search, I could request an invite there!!

I did it just to test, and now when I go back to your link, it says invite pending :)

Sent ya an invite. When a place opens up, you just gotta be quick to accept :)

For anyone else, just do what Marc did.

I'll keep an eye on it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭SamBrugha

Sent an invite to the second boards crew! Looking forward to playing with others!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

I've done the same... Can you send one back to me there so I can accept if a place opens?
    Id Savage_Tyrant

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭/V\etalfish

We're probably just clogging up the invites even more doing this; but I've done the same too :D

Rockstar name and gamertag is Mentalfish.

Thanks.

Added ye there lads. 1 more thing.

If anyone is sending an invite, can ye post yer Rockstar names here as well if its different from your boards name.

Also, I know a lot of people are in multiple crews but anyone on the crew who has been solely keeping active on another crew will be 'relieved' from duty. I don't mind people using multiple crews but if you have no intention of playing with BRDS members, no point in joining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Added ye there lads. 1 more thing.

If anyone is sending an invite, can ye post yer Rockstar names here as well if its different from your boards name.

Also, I know a lot of people are in multiple crews but anyone on the crew who has been solely keeping active on another crew will be 'relieved' from duty. I don't mind people using multiple crews but if you have no intention of playing with BRDS members, no point in joining.

Would love an invite Sheehy! I've requested an invite to Boards Crew 2 again, how long does it take to be accepted? And how do I know if anyone from the crew is in-game?

I'm on Xbox, GT is Sn1p3r M1k3 X and Social Club name is mike_conway13

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Would love an invite Sheehy! I've requested an invite to Boards Crew 2 again, how long does it take to be accepted? And how do I know if anyone from the crew is in-game?

I'm on Xbox, GT is Sn1p3r M1k3 X and Social Club name is mike_conway13

Invite sent.

Theres a boards crew 2 discussion thread here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057056034

I'd say send a PM to the leader, might make a few Reps in the crew as Reps can invite people as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭audioslave

Invite sent.

Theres a boards crew 2 discussion thread here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057056034

I'd say send a PM to the leader, might make a few Reps in the crew as Reps can invite people as well.
    Yes something like that has to happen, looking at heirachy, theres a leader and 1 other postion taken. Leader doesn't seem too active.

Advertisement