Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Crew - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,496 ✭✭✭✭guil

I had great craic Saturday night doing the bike race and then the bit of free roam after.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

TacoMan wrote: »
    I'm dubious about buying a sub, purely because I think if a load of us go ordering them around the same time the clowns in Pegasus will spawn them all over the map. I'd rather hang onto my 1.4m, or whatever they cost, and just nick the one that auto-spawns in the Merryweather building around the docks area.

Sometimes I'll invite a few crew members around to my apartment and we all sit down and watch players on the tv. Someone will pick a lower level and send a mugger after them as we watch it all unfold on tv.

Cue much hysterics as the mugger approaches the unsuspecting sap and makes off with their cash.

These are never really arranged and more impromtu occurances if there's a few up for it.

I'd be the same re the sub, and it's probably the reason I didn't buy a buzzard. I don't really use it and can just rob one if needs be anyway.

Actually a bit of gas in your apt the other night, me over at the counter drinking wine and you and the other lad taking hits from the bong. Being drunk is funny, but I imagine trying to drive is an absolute pain in the bollocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

The Buzzard can be handy for certain missions and it's handy in free mode, I don't regret buying it.

I regret buying the tank though, total waste of money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭TacoMan

As Proco said, the Buzzard is very handy for missions. Also I read that if your character owns a Buzzard they will more often than not auto-spawn in the known locations (airport, on top of the hospital, Merryweather dock building, helipad behind the cop station in Paleto Bay etc.). Nothing more annoying than heading down to the airport and seeing 3 Froggers spawn on the heli pads.

A good laugh is getting drunk on the betting screen before a race. Just set your winning move to "drink beer" and keep hitting X. The race will start as normal, screen looks grand but when you try to drive you're all over the shop. The first time I copped this I honestly thought my controller was busted :o IIRC the screen only gets distorted in Freemode (and of course you have little to no control over what direction you steer in etc.). You eventually sober up and can continue with the race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Bought the kraken for the status symbol, it's what rich people do :)

Bought the new helicopter, faster than the buzzard but no missiles, think its the best in the game. Bought a 6x6 there with the betting money.

Cruising isn't just one of the activities the crew do, it's just something I organised in the past that was enjoyable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

TacoMan wrote: »
    A good laugh is getting drunk on the betting screen before a race. Just set your winning move to "drink beer" and keep hitting X. The race will start as normal, screen looks grand but when you try to drive you're all over the shop. The first time I copped this I honestly thought my controller was busted :o IIRC the screen only gets distorted in Freemode (and of course you have little to no control over what direction you steer in etc.). You eventually sober up and can continue with the race.

Thanks phobos this explains to me y I dont win many races... I always thought it was just me buy hey its there in black and white...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,874 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Big thanks to Proco for taking care of the forum and crew while I was 'indisposed'. Back now and should be online later tonight. So.......just back in time for heists I take it????? :pac:

Also, just another 21 members to hit the 500 mark, never thought I'd see it go that high!

Welcome new members, there is no punch and pie but plenty of craic.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Big thanks to Proco for taking care of the forum and crew while I was 'indisposed'. Back now and should be online later tonight. So.......just back in time for heists I take it????? :pac:

Also, just another 21 members to hit the 500 mark, never thought I'd see it go that high!

Welcome new members, there is no punch and pie but plenty of craic.

Pity you missed out on our legitimate money making opportunity .

We had a few bets on a horse called "The Rock of Zancudo"
    Fecker kept on falling at the first though :pac:

Ah its okay, il be online later with my hand out looking for crew leader kickbacks. If you're not able to transfer money ingame, i also accept paypal payments :)

Ah its okay, il be online later with my hand out looking for crew leader kickbacks. If you're not able to transfer money ingame, i also accept paypal payments :)

You might have to settle for taking the 9k bounties being put on random crew members :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Should be online later myself. Need to get the pstv so i can get away with playing upstairs

Invite sent back to Podgemonster

Invite sent to iCommodore64 (class username). Profile not visible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭C0MM0D0RE64

Invite sent to iCommodore64 (class username). Profile not visible.

Hi there mate, thanks for adding me, i was online with you crew over xmas (on another psn name) and had a right time! Sounds bunch of lads

Im gonna be using this psn permanently from now on as its an Irish account and ive a few psn vouchers and ps plus from xmas prezzies id like to use :)

Like i said to Proco online the otheday ive been playing alone since day one and it was so boring, being in a crew is like a brand new game, im starting a new character from fresh so will be on most nights to lvl up, time permitting (studying for the ccna security) so well up for a laugh when i get on

BTW Sheehy i think my Rockstar account is visible now, i just changed my privacy settings ;)

Happy New Year All :)

Welcome man! You can check the player index on the top of this forum to add some crew members. Best of luck with the ccna course, tough bastard of a yoke, so i hear :)

Cheers fella, yeah im going to add the boys i was on with the other night from my other psn acccount

Im already CCNA routing and switching certified, i want to branch off into firewall/vpn and then onto the CCNP, i agree they are tough but ive learned so much through them, even in day to day home network problems the knowledge comes in handy :)

BTW all that money we earnt from the races the other night and now i have to start from scratch, ah sod its so much fun lol! :)

Cheers fella, yeah im going to add the boys i was on with the other night from my other psn acccount

Im already CCNA routing and switching certified, i want to branch off into firewall/vpn and then onto the CCNP, i agree they are tough but ive learned so much through them, even in day to day home network problems the knowledge comes in handy :)

BTW all that money we earnt from the races the other night and now i have to start from scratch, ah sod its so much fun lol! :)

You Von?

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    You Von?

Yes mate :)

I'm curious, why do you have to start from scratch if you already had a PSN account?

I'm curious, why do you have to start from scratch if you already had a PSN account?

Im gonna be using this psn permanently from now on as its an Irish account and ive a few psn vouchers and ps plus from xmas prezzies id like to use :)

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

Ditching those millions! You mad yoke ya

Shut up Proco!

Bumped a few of the crew from muscle to rep.

Just bumped up any familiar names I could see.

Not that the positions in the crew makes any difference anyway :pac:

Invite sent to fuzzy2184

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,740 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Being still totally new to the online game, I'm still trying to bump up levels playing alone. About what level should I get to before you people will take me in any way creditably? :pac:

Being still totally new to the online game, I'm still trying to bump up levels playing alone. About what level should I get to before you people will take me in any way creditably? :pac:

Level 1 :pac:
    Levels don't mean much, apart from being unable to get the better weapons & car unlocks etc.

You'll gradually move up levels doing races & missions with crew members.

It might be easier finding low level crew members to do missions with to gain more RP.

Have you joined the crew?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,740 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Level 1 :pac:

You'll gradually move up levels doing races & missions with crew members.

It might be easier finding low level crew members to do missions with to gain more RP.

Have you joined the crew?

Yep, joined a couple of months back I think.

As I say, I'm totally new to the online game so I've no idea what I should be trying to do. I've been just completing missions etc as fast as I can to bump up. Not seen many crew online when I've been on but that could be the hour of day!

I'll keep an eye out for ye!

Yep, joined a couple of months back I think.

As I say, I'm totally new to the online game so I've no idea what I should be trying to do. I've been just completing missions etc as fast as I can to bump up. Not seen many crew online when I've been on but that could be the hour of day!

I'll keep an eye out for ye!

Press Start, then Online, then Join Crew Members.

It should throw ya into a session with someone from the crew.

Having a mic makes gta online a lot better imo.
    Most of the time we are just messing around, talking sh1te but at least then you can ask us if we want to do a few races or missions.

If you don't have a mic, leave the crew chat audio on so you know what we are up to.

Check out the player index thread and add a few of us.
    What console are you on?

Most of the time we are just messing around, talking sh1te but at least then you can ask us if we want to do a few races or missions.

Speak for yourself, sir. I hold regular discussions on macroeconomics and quantum physics with johnnyreynolds and niallfitz.

• Advertisement

I'm on PS3 for the foreseeable. Don't have a mic either but might be able to sort something out for that.

I'll probably be online over the weekend and I'll do what you said. Might even bring a mate who could still join our noble ranks!

Advertisement