Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Crew - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,496 ✭✭✭✭guil

Only the red will be visible on the van. Would it be possible to put a thin red border around it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,875 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

guil wrote: »
    Only the red will be visible on the van. Would it be possible to put a thin red border around it?

From leaked pics, it looks like the new Van being released with the Heist update has the line around it:

mhUXtFT.jpg

Lol I know that. I meant the emblem.

guil wrote: »
    Lol I know that. I meant the emblem.

Oh haha the emblem has a white border around it. You can see it in Taco's pic above. Would it look better Red?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

I made an ould change there, see what you think. Sheehy, would you oblige me and put up the pic, I can't embed them! :pac:

Think I know what guil is getting at - the white bit on the black vehicles shows up, hopefully the background change eliminates that and blends in more?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I assume he means black logo on a black bonnet..so a red line around the logo to make it stand out might look better. Not better than Unicorns and stuff..but better

Good Man Frankie! Now, do ye think it's better like this or should the whole part outside the red line be red? Make the 'face' more distinct?

341382.PNG

Never noticed the border around it. Either way would work I suppose.

Yeah I think that works much better.

I've updated the crew emblem now. Taco or anyone else on, how does it look?

• Advertisement

Does it not let you use pngs in the game for the emblems? If so there would be no need for the black surround and it could be transparent and the logo would sit better on whatever it was used on be it a vehicle or clothing and no matter what the colour was. Not sure if it lets you use transparency though in GTA??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

There is a way to make it so the background is transparent, think that would look better than the black square. Seems a bit fiddly (in terms of having to wait 10 mins or so), might try it out later and see if it still works.

Yeah, if you make a full square box for the back ground (red in my sample below). Then make a rectangle (with curved corners) over it with the eyes (dunno how ye did those).

Now make the background square opacity 0%. That should leave the black face with red line around it and blend into then whatever car clothes it's on?

341385.PNG

You should just need to click on the background layer - on the left hand side then set the background colour to transparent, its the white box with a red line through it.

I submitted one there Sheehy which should be transparent

Thanks man! Okay, have that one set as the new emblem now. If anyone can test it on a car and post a pic that would be class.

Lookin' good on the social site

341389.PNG

No bother, Frankie did all the hard work I just did a quick fixer upper on it.

Still annoyed ya cant just use any emblem you make yourself cos those unicorns and rainbows would have looked amazing...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Well if I remember correctly, there is a way for that, I think I made one for a Crew I used to be in before.

Yupp, Thanks to Frankie for his Artistic Genius and Axwell for his touch up skills (that's what she said). Also thanks to Davey and anyone else who was chatting about a new logo before Frankie robbed the idea :)

And to my 3 mock ups that went unnoticed last night!

brds_zpsp9nsxpzy.jpg
    brds2_zpstviabmgp.jpg
    brds3_zpsv6sdlqrz.jpg

• Advertisement

Well if I remember correctly, there is a way for that, I think I made one for a Crew I used to be in before.

If thats the case we will have unicorns, rainbows and cigars soon!!

For the ladies...

3T7xApe6YU-Q0bgDrlZR_g_0_0.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Love it... Nice job.

I do think an irish grin would look sweet though, but Im more than happy with that one as it is too... Ive never used the logo on anything before as it never really suited with the blue and white.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Yupp, Thanks to Frankie for his Artistic Genius and Axwell for his touch up skills (that's what she said). Also thanks to Davey and anyone else who was chatting about a new logo before Frankie robbed the idea :)

Axwell touched me up? I'm off to the DR forum now! Davey never had an original idea in his life, the knacker! :pac:

I just jumped on for five mins there and stuck the logo on t-shirt below, but I couldn't on my cars - said I had to be crew level 10 before I could, but sure you can't put the logo on the t-shirt without being crew level 10 :confused::confused:

341393.jpg

Axwell wrote: »
    For the ladies...

3T7xApe6YU-Q0bgDrlZR_g_0_0.jpg

Looks legend on that car, good work sir. Forgot about the tattoo - must do that next time i'm on.

In-game emblem looking
    341394.PNG

Agree with Savage, would like to see an Irish smile just to compare. Loved beating Yanks and having the Irish flag on the screen.

Looks legend on that car, good work sir. Forgot about the tattoo - must do that next time i'm on.

I can try add the smile with the Irish colours tonight when I get to my Laptop if you wanna see what it looks like.

Do you also want there to be a cigar in the mouth?

I can try add the smile with the Irish colours tonight when I get to my Laptop if you wanna see what it looks like.

Do you also want there to be a cigar in the mouth?

You can leave off the cigar because the next step then would be the unicorn :pac:

I'd be in favour of leaving it as it is tbh.

Though, if people are looking to add the Irish element to it, instead of a smile, what about a wee dark green shamrock in the corner of the logo or something? I personally don't think it'd look quite as good with a myriad of colours in it - that's the reason I never put the old logo on anything, there's way too much going on. Less is more!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

sheehy83 wrote: »
    You can leave off the cigar because the next step then would be the unicorn :pac:

Goddamn it I want it all :pac:

Advertisement