Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Crew - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,874 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    http://www.colorhexa.com/color-names

I've changed it to electric green, we can always change it.

That looks class, good chart as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    That looks class, good chart as well.

Some of those hex numbers may not work with Rockstars colour range, if ya get me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Hey, requested to be accepted username evolutionqy71

Hey, requested to be accepted username evolutionqy71

Invite sent. :)

Anyone up for some heists on the PC?

Me and a friend trying to get a group going in the evenings that would go on Skype and co ordinate heists properly.

Going with random people online sometimes is just too fustrating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

Anyone up for some heists on the PC?

Me and a friend trying to get a group going in the evenings that would go on Skype and co ordinate heists properly.

Going with random people online sometimes is just too fustrating.

I'll play with you man we can use ts3 even better .

I'll play with you man we can use ts3 even better .

Whats your rockstar nickname??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

Whats your rockstar nickname??

Ultrflat:)

Anybody on to do some heists?
    EvolutionQY71 on rockstar

Invite sent to calebsimeon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Blackgator

What's with the crew demotions?

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭KeshFM93

Blackgator wrote: »
    What's with the crew demotions?

Gonna play devils advocate here , ok played it , :D , now that's done ....

I don't blame anyone for demoting us and tbh it doesn't annoy me , I think it's a fair call , suppose it's a case of your in the crew or your not.

I will be back in the crew at some stage and I don't mind what position I hold everyone is equal anyway.

It's nothing personal at all, the crew should have lieutenants and commissioners who have BRDS as their active crew as they have higher permissions within the crew. Just as Kesh said.

I have zero problems with people playing in another crew, whatever gets ya better craic online, especially after all this time and how a lot of the crew has made their own fun instead of waiting for Rockstar to release stuff.

No one will ever get kicked out of the crew (unless multiple complaints about a gowl being a gowl) so people are free to come and go as they please :)

We are definitely gonna have to arrange a BRDS vs Renegades match upfor the craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

I'll probably leave boards tonight. I think the demotions are a bit of a slap in the face to be honest. Playing every night for the past 2-3 years. The crew leader board shows that. And just cause a few of use joined a more active crew, beause let's face it, apart from us playing every night - there isn't much of a boards crew bar one or two more. The crew hierarchy, I have no clue who they are or ever seen them play.
    And as for changing the crew colour on a whim after everyone had agreed to change it from the green and not changing it back after the people had voiced their opposition. Fair enough you're the leader but you're hardly ever on so to not consult the people who play everyday kinda stinks. The king is dead, love live the king n all that.

Anyway, slán

jackrussel wrote: »
    I'll probably leave boards tonight. I think the demotions are a bit of a slap in the face to be honest. Playing every night for the past 2-3 years. The crew leader board shows that. And just cause a few of use joined a more active crew, beause let's face it, apart from us playing every night - there isn't much of a boards crew bar one or two more. The crew hierarchy, I have no clue who they are or ever seen them play.
    And as for changing the crew colour on a whim after everyone had agreed to change it from the green and not changing it back after the people had voiced their opposition. Fair enough you're the leader but you're hardly ever on so to not consult the people who play everyday kinda stinks. The king is dead, love live the king n all that.

Anyway, slán

You do realise there are 5 different platforms in the crew, it's not just ps4 that were high in the crew, zero-cool promoted xbox and pc guys higher ages ago so they could help their side of things . It's obvious why you haven't seen them.
    You also can't expect casual players to be online every night.

As for joining a more active crew, the majority of that crew is boards crew. you are not gaining more active players, just reducing the pool of possible crew members.
    The amount of old gen members in the crew upgrading will only increase in the next while, you are only cutting yourself off from them.

You talk about crew colours , look back a couple pages, if you wanted to change the colour back all you had to do was ask.

To quote myself :
    http://www.colorhexa.com/color-names

I've changed it to electric green, we can always change it.

You should have spoken up, we did discuss it here.

You do realise there are 5 different platforms in the crew, it's not just ps4 that were high in the crew, zero-cool promoted xbox and pc guys higher ages ago so they could help their side of things . It's obvious why you haven't seen them.
    You also can't expect casual players to be online every night.

As for joining a more active crew, the majority of that crew is boards crew. you are not gaining more active players, just reducing the pool of possible crew members.
    The amount of old gen members in the crew upgrading will only increase in the next while, you are only cutting yourself off from them.

You talk about crew colours , look back a couple pages, if you wanted to change the colour back all you had to do was ask.

To quote myself :

You should have spoken up, we did discuss it here.

We did speak up, we did ask, we spoke about it in party chat and game chat and still it's a ridiculous green.

Sure, that crew might be former boards players but they are ACTIVE players that play every night almost. Look at the boards crew leaderboard. And with more people joining the "new" crew from a wider pool that's not just restricted to Irish people, there'll be even more active players.

There's players that were above me in the crew since the PS3 days who's stats hadn't changed a digit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

Which came first the chicken or the egg??? let's all think deeply about this one guy's!!! the chicken lays the egg but the egg is where the chicken comes from(.") now likewise I think boards crew is the chicken and the ahem other crew rise is the egg neither can be here without each other...? Chickens will eventually die and then we have not many chickens left... But hey Presto a small amount of Eggs that will hatch and rise to become ahem (renegades) will become many... This is old Chinese saying please think about it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

Everyone is also trying to think where the cockk comes... We'll.just say los santos and all it's beauty is the cockk... We defo need the cockk so the chicken and the egg can come together to battle it out???

We did speak up, we did ask, we spoke about it in party chat and game chat and still it's a ridiculous green.

Sure, that crew might be former boards players but they are ACTIVE players that play every night almost. Look at the boards crew leaderboard. And with more people joining the "new" crew from a wider pool that's not just restricted to Irish people, there'll be even more active players.

There's players that were above me in the crew since the PS3 days who's stats hadn't changed a digit.

A party that can only hold 8 is not the ideal platform for debate. You have never said it to me that you were unhappy with it through any medium . Go back a page and you will see the recent discussion. This is the place to discuss it for all platforms, not just ps4.

The boards crew was set up for boards members, if you let everyone it's the same as any free entry crew. There is a ign crew with millions of members if you just want to have a massive amount of crew online at once.
    No more than the ps4 boards community that was set up, it's for boards users. If that doesn't suit you then you are free to do what you want.

Crew members come and go. Some people might not want to be online every night. Some people might want to use their console for other games, some people might just not want to play with you or me. But there is nothing we can do about it, it's up to them if they want to play the game or not.

A party that can only hold 8 is not the ideal platform for debate. You have never said it to me that you were unhappy with it through any medium . Go back a page and you will see the recent discussion. This is the place to discuss it for all platforms, not just ps4.

The boards crew was set up for boards members, if you let everyone it's the same as any free entry crew. There is a ign crew with millions of members if you just want to have a massive amount of crew online at once.
    No more than the ps4 boards community that was set up, it's for boards users. If that doesn't suit you then you are free to do what you want.

Crew members come and go. Some people might not want to be online every night. Some people might want to use their console for other games, some people might just not want to play with you or me. But there is nothing we can do about it, it's up to them if they want to play the game or not.

Fair point about the party thing.

There's where the active thing comes in again. Besides yourself and lorcy, I can't really think of another boards member I've met online in the last two weeks. Doesn't matter if it's a big or small crew on the platform I'm on or any platform for that matter, if it's almost dormant - it's no use.

• Advertisement

Fair point about the party thing.

There's where the active thing comes in again. Besides yourself and lorcy, I can't really think of another boards member I've met online in the last two weeks. Doesn't matter if it's a big or small crew on the platform I'm on or any platform for that matter, if it's almost dormant - it's no use.

A lot of people would go two weeks without playing gta online. You are not going to find a huge amount of people who play every night.

I'd say you'd be better off joining a large established crew from the gtaforums or similar in my opinion. A crew that would kick players for inactivity and only keep those who play regularly. Boards crew is different, we won't kick for inactivity.

You are already over 2 years behind by joining a newly created crew trying to establish itself . Realistically that new crew won't be much better than what we have already . Diluting that crew with randomers will bring it's own problems. You won't have any crew loyalty, it'll be a free for all.

Joining a stricter established crew with players who are serious about the game would be a better idea in my opinion (if that's the type of crew you'd prefer)

GTAForums have some very specific crews that might suit people better where they contain players who might solely play GTA Online and commit more time to it, organised time, matches etc. When I created this crew, GTA Online didn't even exist (to public knowledge anyway) and we couldn't believe when we hit like 44 members for Max Payne.

In 3 and half years, the crew has seen A LOT of people come and go, people calling for certain rules kicking people who were inactive, people calling for a new leader, etc. There are a lot of people who might like to be apart of a crew but might be mic shy or play in smaller groups or even solo for whatever reasons. It was always my intention to have a laid back crew for people to jump in and out and play how they want.

As for the colour, if anyone wants to post up a recommendation, then by all means we can change it if people support it. Kenja posted a good site to get the formula for it.

Personally, I don't get as much playing time as I would like with games and when I do, I play many different types, Fallout 4 doesn't like when I look at other games at the moment so I'll be sticking with that for a while, but like many people, GTA Online has been a very unique game where you can just jump back in every so often for a bit of random madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Farty88

It was always my intention to have a laid back crew for people to jump in and out and play how they want.

I'm just gonna quote you on this and also in regards to what Johnny originally asked. we play how we want and we are laid back and we can jump in and out so why if you know we're still in your crew bump us down to muscle. when we clearly play the game and others who don't play the game as much are left to sit high in the crew tables.hierarchy in the crew is about family not about been just a number.in my opinion if you were in our crew and didn't play as much or jump from one crew to another you'll still be near the top table.cos we're all friends we all played with eachother throughout the past few years and it was a kick in the teeth to think another friend kicked us all down because we all wanted to have a bit of fun and jump over and back from crews.

That's fair enough as well but the rank thing in the crew was mostly for people pushing recruitments. Some people have been brilliant sending/accepting invites and helping build the crew. Liuetenants and Comissioners have a lot of permissions that shouldn't be in place when actively recruting for a different crew, that's all it is.

That's fair enough as well but the rank thing in the crew was mostly for people pushing recruitments. Some people have been brilliant sending/accepting invites and helping build the crew. Liuetenants and Comissioners have a lot of permissions that shouldn't be in place when actively recruting for a different crew, that's all it is.

Thats a fair point but when have any of us ever took advantage of that perk all I'm saying is we worked hard aswell to rise up in the crew and for it to be snatched away was a bit ridiculous only if we completely left the crew we would of understood but the fact a big majority of us planned on coming over and back the original point of the other crew was a bit of fun for anybody to join but it's quickly became a rivalry which I'm not comfortable about especially when it comes to friends fighting I hope you see where I'm coming from

Farty88 wrote: »
    Thats a fair point but when have any of us ever took advantage of that perk all I'm saying is we worked hard aswell to rise up in the crew and for it to be snatched away was a bit ridiculous only if we completely left the crew we would of understood but the fact a big majority of us planned on coming over and back the original point of the other crew was a bit of fun for anybody to join but it's quickly became a rivalry which I'm not comfortable about especially when it comes to friends fighting I hope you see where I'm coming from

The only benefits of being higher in the crew is the higher permissions to help improve the crew, recruiting new members etc.
    Those positions were given to those who worked hard and are loyal to the crew... Starting a new crew, actively trying to get existing crew members to change over goes against that.
    A bit like if ballas were recruiting vagos, it wouldn't end well :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭TacoMan

There's only one way to settle this. Crew vs. Crew session. No Holds Barred! Knuckle-Dusters at the ready! :pac:

But to be serious for a minute,

We joined a different crew, fair enough, but no one left Boards, and the general consensus is we'll all set BRDS back as our active crew in time.

I took the recent demotions as a bit of a diss towards PS4 members who were the most active in the crew, and put in a lot of hours to bump up the crew's overall global rating by playing hundreds of thousands of jobs together gaining overall Crew RP etc. And looking at time-frames, the demotions also seemed like a knee-jerk reaction to a now closed thread imo.

Commissioners have certain privileges within the crew, but most of us don't recruit players (I've only ever added two mates who don't post here but are from Dublin, and of course the legend that is MANWITHOUTSHADE - no explanation required there). I took the Commissioners status as more a nod of respect for the time we've all put into the game as crew members, rather than having abilities to change crew settings/recruit new players etc.

Anyway, that's the serious minute over. New Whacky races later this evening if anyone's around!

The only benefits of being higher in the crew is the higher permissions to help improve the crew, recruiting new members etc.
    Those positions were given to those who worked hard and are loyal to the crew... Starting a new crew, actively trying to get existing crew members to change over goes against that.
    A bit like if ballas were recruiting vagos, it wouldn't end well :pac:

TacoMan said a fair point we want brds to do well but why can't renegades be a sub group in a sense to do whatever you want and to recruit more decent players into brds aswell my only point is why can't we all work together fudge this ballas crack sure we're United crew I only set up renegades for purely a bit of crack and iv stated this from the very start no need to be turning it into game of thrones and have everyone stabbing eachother in the back a united front is what's needed iv said my part it's upto ye to decide what happens here on in

I switched active crews cause I couldn't find anyone on the pc side playing. Even a couple of posts back here for doing heists and stuff were left without a reply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭KeshFM93

It's all a bit silly lads the whole lot , everyone needs to be calm and not get their panties in a twist,

I started on PS3 as most of the PS players know , I nearly didn't join because there was some lad mouthing off about fillet steak and throwing a tantrum if you didn't get in his car , anyway I joined and was glad I did as I met a lot of sound lads ALL who I would consider friends,

A couple of months back a crew was set up and a few had joined , I was invited , (not by the crew leader) so I joined , why you may ask ?

A couple of reasons , I thought it would be a change , more relaxed and open to changing things like crew colour crew logo's etc, that was it really , in my eyes all the lads online at the time who I gamed with on BRDS were joining and a change was as good as a rest etc .

There were no bad feelings on my behalf towards boards or anybody in the crew, it was just done on a whim.

I was happy enough , I was still online with the lads I had the craic with and nothing changed really , from my point of view.

Then the demotions came from BRDS crew and if I'm honest I was a bit surprised , as I said in a previous post it didn't bother me but It felt to me like "a bit of a two fingered salute"

I never left/would leave boards, I just changed crew for a while (reasons in chapter 1 :p) , and I still consider myself loyal to BRDS even if some might not think so.

I can understand why some got their backs up over demotions, I will set my crew to boards again at some stage, but I get why some might say "well I was there and did my best as a boards crew member , meets , helping players out , glitches, photo shoots etc , that sounded a bit happy (hello sailor) , and that's the thanks you get etc etc . and one or two have completely left BRDS from this action.

So to sum up I think the demotions were a bad idea and in the long run and will/have done more harm than good.

Although I understand the reasons stated.

But one thing everyone has to remember is "it's a fuking game ,chill out" , Don't fall out with people over trivial rubbish.

Advertisement