Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UCC Biochem Books

• 19-08-2013 7:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭

I will be starting biochem 1st near next month.

I'm just wondering are there any books ye recommend?

I'm not too worried about biology and chemistry but physics and maths more.

Should I get a leaving cert physics books and an old syllabus maths book?

Any recommendations thanks in advance. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Lowerthansho

I'm currently heading into 3rd year Chemistry in UCC.

The recommended books are:

Physics - James Walker
    Biology - Campbell
    Chemistry The Central Science - Brown, Le May
    Calculus and Early Transcendentals - James Stewart

All these books are available in the book shop in the college.

When I was in first year I bought the leaving cert Physics book to help me out. Honestly, I never really used it.

I also bought all of the above books and the only one I really used was the Maths book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

I'm currently heading into 3rd year Chemistry in UCC.

The recommended books are:

Physics - James Walker
    Biology - Campbell
    Chemistry The Central Science - Brown, Le May
    Calculus and Early Transcendentals - James Stewart

All these books are available in the book shop in the college.

When I was in first year I bought the leaving cert Physics book to help me out. Honestly, I never really used it.

I also bought all of the above books and the only one I really used was the Maths book.

thank you very much very helpful:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mariantod

Hey there,

I am selling Physics (James Walker) and Chemistry (Brown) books. All in excellent condition for 30 euro each if that is any help to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 captainkrusty

hi there did biochem in first year, now going into third year microbiology. best advice. DO NOT BUY BOOKS!!!!!! there all in library if you need them and trust me you will only need them max 2-3 times in the year as all info needed in lecture notes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Im selling the maths book. PM if interested

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

Graduating from your degree this year, starting a Biotech Masters in UCC this year.

Only books i ever extensively used were Brock for Microbiology and a Virology book for 3rd and 4th year i can't recall the name atm

I wouldn't bother buying any text books too much info you don't need theres plenty of online tutorials and lessons for maths and physics to warrant not getting those books!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

Thanks for the replies everyone:)

I'm gonna leave buying most of them a while. The only one we've been recommended to buy is to chemistry one.

Advertisement