Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Toshiba laptop built in mouse not working

• 19-08-2013 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭

In late June I got a replacement laptop as my asus one was not working. I was given a toshiba laptop and today the internal mouse is not working. Does anyone know why this happens. I had to even by a usb mouse to find out that the built in one was not working

I was told to hold down the FN button and hit F5 in order to fix the problem but it did not work.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Lisa2011 wrote: »
    In late June I got a replacement laptop as my asus one was not working. I was given a toshiba laptop and today the internal mouse is not working. Does anyone know why this happens. I had to even by a usb mouse to find out that the built in one was not working

I was told to hold down the FN button and hit F5 in order to fix the problem but it did not work.

On some older models they have a button above the mouse pad that will lock it. If no button try the usb mouse

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Lisa2011

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    On some older models they have a button above the mouse pad that will lock it. If no button try the usb mouse

There is no button and I do have a usb mouse but I prefer to have the built in one working since i got the laptop 57 days ago. I might just bring it back and see if anyone in the store can fix it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Better to try get a new one rather then getting it fixed. Just back up all the stuff on you need on your usb before handing it back.
    Best of luck with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Lisa2011 wrote: »
    There is no button

Might as well be some Fn key combo. Check the symbols on the function keys. (or post the model number)

Torqay wrote: »
    Might as well be some Fn key combo. Check the symbols on the function keys. (or post the model number)

Your right about the Fn Key Combo. I was told to hold the FN key plus F5 but it did not work. I will just take it to the store

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Did you try f5 on its own?? it should toggle between enable disable thats what happens on my toshiba c850

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

crasy dash wrote: »
    Did you try f5 on its own?? it should toggle between enable disable thats what happens on my toshiba c850

Good point. Some manufacturers set the special/multimedia functions as the default function key behaviour. This idiocy can be reversed in the BIOS. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Have you tried control and F5.

I know my toshiba has an Fn button, but they all work by pressing control (volumer brightness etc)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

Have you tried reinstalling/updating the device drivers?

nicklauski wrote: »
    Have you tried control and F5.

I know my toshiba has an Fn button, but they all work by pressing control (volumer brightness etc)

Yes and it worked. I dont recall hitting any buttons prior to when it stopped working.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

having the same problem - only bought it on Sunday in Argos, can't deal with the thought of having to hand it back - the Fn keys don't have numbers on them on this laptop! what should I press to sort this out - other than that, I'm v happy with it! despite Windows 8!

cjmcork wrote: »
    having the same problem - only bought it on Sunday in Argos, can't deal with the thought of having to hand it back - the Fn keys don't have numbers on them on this laptop! what should I press to sort this out - other than that, I'm v happy with it! despite Windows 8!

Just saw this now. Did you get it sorted?

Do you have the number for toshiba support?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

still giving jip - don't have a number for tosh support - have checked drivers, etc............

• Registered Users Posts: 8 DarlingLouLou

I have found what seems to be a work around solution to this problem.
    Press the window button and the 'C' button together. Then swipe from right to left on the keyboard and then the cursor should come free!
    Then go to the touchpad icon in the icon tray at the bottom of your screen and make sure 'tap to click' is TURNED OFF!!
    Restart your laptop and it should work now!
    Hope this helped someone!

Advertisement