Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from After Hours

Options
  • 19-08-2013 8:25pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 442 ✭✭

Hi

I wish to appeal my ban from After Hours. We were discussing an emotive subject - One that I've strong views on. I was advised that my ban was the result of me being uncivil. I was not uncivil - I attacked no one and did not respond to provocative posts from others.

I PMd the Mod in question (Dr Bollocko) and didn't even get a response.

I'd ask that the ban be rescinded. I cannot change my views but I can undertake to temper my posting style (i.e. to "cool the jets").

Many thanks.

Jack

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,693 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Hi Jack,

One of the Rec CMods will look over this and get back to you.

Thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 442 ✭✭Jack Kyle

Penn wrote: »
    Hi Jack,

One of the Rec CMods will look over this and get back to you.

Thanks.

Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,693 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Hi Jack,

I've reviewed your posts on After Hours (which centred around the topic of homosexuality/same-sex adoption). Your self-described "strong views" are hugely offensive to a large number of posters on AH, and border on being homophobic. Allowing you to continue to post on AH and in particular, threads concerning homosexuality, would cause such a disruption to the forum that in this case, I agree that a permaban is warranted.

We allow people who oppose homosexuality to post and discuss these topics on AH so long as they remain civil and aren't trying to offend people, as we never ban or infract someone merely for stating and arguing their opinion. However, your posts go beyond that and are simply unacceptable.

I'm upholding the decision. You may ask for an admin to review this decision if you wish.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 442 ✭✭Jack Kyle

I don't see how expressing views that are "bordering on homophobic" is worthy of a perma-ban.

Anybody who disagrees with the homosexual lobby is branded a homophobe. It's a tactic that's deployed to discredit anyone who disagrees with them.

I don't see the point in taking this any further.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement