Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo parlor in Kildare Town

Options
  • 19-08-2013 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm not a regular in this section but I'm looking to see if anyone here has heard anything good or bad about a new shop in Kildare Town. The place is simply called 'Tattoo'. My wife is looking to get a tattoo and as the shop is only new I just wanted to be sure we wouldn't end up with a train wreck. The guy she usually uses is based in Dublin and as we are now living a bit away it's a hassle to get to him.

I'm not knocking this guy in any, I just don't know anyone who has used him yet. It's entirely possible he could have years of experience at a different location and has decided to go out on his own, I just thought I'd check in to see if I can get any word on him either way.

Cheers,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Well he gets a zero for creativity with that studio name.

There be no way of even searching for work, unless you know the artists name? Best bet is to pop united the studio have a chat and ask to see a portfolio most importantly before deciding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 S Ryan

I wouldn't advise her to risk it. There is no point getting a tattoo done in a place who's reputation you know nothing about just because it's convenient. If the tattooer she usually sees has done a good job with the other tattoos is it not worth an inconvenient trip? If she ends up with a bad tattoo for the rest of her life simply because the shop was more convenient I'm sure she will regret it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

S Ryan wrote: »
    I wouldn't advise her to risk it. There is no point getting a tattoo done in a place who's reputation you know nothing about just because it's convenient. If the tattooer she usually sees has done a good job with the other tattoos is it not worth an inconvenient trip? If she ends up with a bad tattoo for the rest of her life simply because the shop was more convenient I'm sure she will regret it!

That's nonsense imo. There is no harm in going in checking out the studio having a look at portfolios etc. Then if there not up to scratch or of your liking walk out the door.

You can't judge until you have looked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭dinorebel

That's nonsense imo. There is no harm in going in checking out the studio having a look at portfolios etc. Then if there not up to scratch or of your liking walk out the door.

Makes sense I did as you said at a new studio in Letterkenny not 1 pic on the wall of previous work.I asked to look at any script work she had done and was shown a book of generic flash not the place for my wife's 1st tattoo I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

If you are in Kildare then just drive a further few minutes into Newbridge amd Addiction
    Every piece I have had done there has been fantastic and I know plenty others who also hav similar good things to say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭porsche boy

Just as an update;

She went ahead with an appointment on Thursday, he had drawn a few versions of the tat the night before so there were a few options to choose from. She agreed to allow him draw the outline of the tat before she was going to make a final decision.
    Long story short the drawing was perfect and the tattoo has turned out quite well. I'll try post a pic later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 S Ryan

I didn't mean she shouldn't check the place out. I just wouldn't advise her to go straight ahead and get the tattoo done there.

Advertisement