Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ice cream vans

Options
  • 19-08-2013 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭

Are they for real ?

Just got the child to bed at 9 o clock and he comes around the estate blaring his music, now she's crying because she wants ice cream.

Actually sick of this now, its been going on weeks! Besides going out and shouting at him in front of little children, what can be done?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭.Henry Sellers.

Buy some ice cream? Was it Wiggy, he has the nicest icecreams. No bother with him when you go back for some more red and green sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭joni1

We have one comes up our street at 5pm every day, just as you're trying to get them in to eat a dinner:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Its a joke, 2 different ones come here.. twice a day, lunch time and bed time.

I'm absolutely fuming, my daughter went aslep upset because she couldn't get one.
    ****ing fuming!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Gin77

Have you tried caltrops?

Gin77 wrote: »
    Have you tried caltrops?

What's that now ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

michellie wrote: »
    Besides going out and shouting at him in front of little children, what can be done?

You could go out and not shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

They were going around when it was snowing last year. Have to hand it to them, they are either the most persistent ice cream men in Ireland or they are selling more than just ice cream

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

wobbles wrote: »
    They were going around when it was snowing last year. Have to hand it to them, they are either the most persistent ice cream men in Ireland or they are selling more than just ice cream

If the sun aint shining, they certainly are selling more than ice cream. In some seriously heavy, pounding rain, I heard one blaring in the estate beside the workplace and I just thought 'yeah, right'. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Gin77

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭er1983

I'm living in Greenfields & he comes along around 9 every night & parks just right by our house so not only do we have lots of kids outside our house but they are throwing all the rubbish outside ours I'm sick to death of it.

• Advertisement

er1983 wrote: »
    I'm living in Greenfields & he comes along around 9 every night & parks just right by our house so not only do we have lots of kids outside our house but they are throwing all the rubbish outside ours I'm sick to death of it.

I'm I'm greenfields too :( its **** isn't it ?

And also he's so slow, he could be there for 45 minutes !

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭er1983

michellie wrote: »
    I'm I'm greenfields too :( its **** isn't it ?

And also he's so slow, he could be there for 45 minutes !

Sick to death of it, wonder if there's a way of getting him out of the estate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

Behold the ice cream truck from hell

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

mr whippy and his dodgy videos. (classic peter kaye)

Yea, he sells crisps, chocolate, jellies, milkshakes,slush puppies..its like a mini shop!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mooley22

Why don't you tell your kids the music means he had no ice cream left? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭rude awakening

Buy some ice cream? Was it Wiggy, he has the nicest icecreams. No bother with him when you go back for some more red and green sauce.

Is he the Rick Astley Guy?
    Remember him goin around in the early to mid nineties, when he stops the van he'd be beltin "Never gonna give you up"

Advertisement