Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent fry up in Leixlip?

Options
  • 19-08-2013 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭

Evening all.

The title pretty much sums it up, but some extra details would be that I'm looking for somewhere early ish (08:00) on Friday morning. I'm gettin married, and couldn't be arsed cooking in the morning.

Anybody know of anywhere local that does a decent fry up?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Dj Stiggie

The only decent place used to be in the mall in the village. It's changed hands a lot though since I was last there. Spar in the village does a decent breakfast roll!

The Courtyard might be open for breakfast, they do a lovely dinner. Best of luck with the wedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

Dj Stiggie wrote: »
    The only decent place used to be in the mall in the village. It's changed hands a lot though since I was last there. Spar in the village does a decent breakfast roll!

The Courtyard might be open for breakfast, they do a lovely dinner. Best of luck with the wedding.

Cheers man. Had thought of The Courtyard, or possibly The Springfield. And the little place in the Mall, but wasn't sure what it'd be like.

There is the little place in The Glenroyal, but that might be a bit too much travelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,828 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The Coffee Mill in Maynooth does a better one than the Royal Cafe (Glenroyal place you mentioned) but there's no parking and I have no idea how early it opens as I usually wobble in there about 3pm...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

MYOB wrote: »
    The Coffee Mill in Maynooth does a better one than the Royal Cafe (Glenroyal place you mentioned) but there's no parking and I have no idea how early it opens as I usually wobble in there about 3pm...

Reckon I may go with The Springfield or The Courtyard. Although I hate I give The Hannigans or Moriarty any of my hard earned!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Karlitto

Reuben's in the mall was pretty much the only café that served breakfast, but in saying that, every single time I went there, there was something wrong with the food, be it too cold, undercooked or semi burned.

And, the portion you got would barley feed a kid, no wonder it has shut down.

I would recommend out towards maynooth to be honest (Or maybe becketts down by the salmon leap), but not sure if that is open at that time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

The place in the Glenroyal shops area near SuperValu would be perfect if it opens early enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

Evening all.

The title pretty much sums it up, but some extra details would be that I'm looking for somewhere early ish (08:00) on Friday morning. I'm gettin married, and couldn't be arsed cooking in the morning.

Anybody know of anywhere local that does a decent fry up?

Thanks.

I know it's not Leixlip, but the absolutely perfect spot for a wedding morning fry is Kehoes (maynooth coffee house) beside the roost. They're open from at least 7.30am and do a great feed. Plenty of parking at that hour too

Advertisement