Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer is extremely slow all of a sudden...

Options
  • 19-08-2013 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

It's crawling at the moment. Even starting up takes a good few minutes more compared to normal. Not sure why it's suddenly doing this.

I've run CCleaner. I'm trying to run an avast! scan but when I try and do a full scan it just stays at 0% for about an hour before I give up and stop it. Currently running the Disk Defragmenter but that's stuck at 9% for the past hour or so.

I also cleaned out any dust from the computer just in case that was causing the problem.

What the hell could it be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Brion wrote: »
    It's crawling at the moment. Even starting up takes a good few minutes more compared to normal. Not sure why it's suddenly doing this.

I've run CCleaner. I'm trying to run an avast! scan but when I try and do a full scan it just stays at 0% for about an hour before I give up and stop it. Currently running the Disk Defragmenter but that's stuck at 9% for the past hour or so.

I also cleaned out any dust from the computer just in case that was causing the problem.

What the hell could it be?

You could be suffering from a hard drive problem there, especially if the defrag tool is getting stuck. Run a chkdsk and see if it picks up any errors.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Download and install/update Malware bytes or the like, and do a full system scan. Should help

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭horse7

Have you tried to restore to previous date?

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭invaderzimirl

well if you goto run and type in "msconfig.msc" you can see everything that starts up when your system dose and you can stop anything that starts that you dont like it requires a reboot and the screen will pop back up until you choose do not pop up again

Advertisement