Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birth Cert and Garda ML 10 Form

Options
  • 19-08-2013 11:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi all.

My brother is looking to get a copy of his birth certificate to apply for an age card. Does anyone know where we should go to get it and how much would it cost?

He's also going up to the Garda station to get an ML 10 form but we have no idea what he needs to bring with him. He has no photo ID.

I'd be very grateful for any help that anyone may have.

Thank you :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

If he was born in Waterford he can get his birth cert in the HSE centre opposite Morris's and it costs €20 per cert.

I don't know anything about the ML10 form.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

An ML10 should only be signed by a Garda who you know/knows you personally, or one who would be satisified that you have proven your identity to, usually with a bill in your own name with your address, and preferably photo id. If you don't have one, it can be tricky to get an ML10 signed. Bring whatever you can as "proof" of who you are, bills, social services card, student id, anything you think would help the Garda to be convinced you are who you say you are. And a recent passport sized photograph.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Kizzles

That's great everyone, thanks a million for the help. He's gone up to the Garda station with about 5 letters with his name and address and every card he can think of . Hopefully that will be enough!

Thanks again.

Advertisement