Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bushnell binos.

Options
  • 19-08-2013 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭

Are they any good. I was looking at a set last week and didn't find them to bad better than the yokes I have at the min. Do they fog etc I know there cheap enough but are they good enough to tie you over.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Are they any good. I was looking at a set last week and didn't find them to bad better than the yokes I have at the min. Do they fog etc I know there cheap enough but are they good enough to tie you over.

It would depend on the model of the bins.
    If you only want a pair to tie you over then wait till Aldi have the 10x50mm @€;20in again, they did me for deer stalking for the first 2 years, not water or fog proof. For the money they were quite good and did the job.

I have a pair of Bushnell 8x42mm Legends and find them very good.
    Waterproof, fog-proof and with the rain-guard lens coating.
    I didn't buy them from here but at £215 from MicroGlobe UK it's a good buy

bushnell_8x42_hd_wide_legend.jpg&w=470&h=386&page=popup

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

Cheers Clive.

Looked at your set there they seem to
    Have all the bells and whistles on them infairness. I might just leave them where they are and hold out and buy a higher range in the bushnell maybe. The other ones didn't have have the stuff you would need like anti fog rain guard etc.

Cheers Clive.

Looked at your set there they seem to
    Have all the bells and whistles on them infairness. I might just leave them where they are and hold out and buy a higher range in the bushnell maybe. The other ones didn't have have the stuff you would need like anti fog rain guard etc.

Being roof prism they are small and compact.

The cheaper one fog up, usually just when you need to use them.
    I left a cheap pair hanging on a tree in Rosnacroo, Kilarney one day (on purpose) 'cos they just didn't cut the mustard and told myself to get a real pair of bins.

If you have €2500 to toss get the range finding Zeiss and get blown away

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭yubabill1

The 20.00 LIDL binos have BAK 4 (I think) lenses.

As good as anything unless you pay 300+

yubabill1 wrote: »
    The 20.00 LIDL binos have BAK 4 (I think) lenses.

As good as anything unless you pay 300+

Not quite as good but ok to get you through a season. IMO
    Have the aldi bins and they do the job but don't get them wet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭German pointer

After having bought the aldi ones they fell apart after a week. And then other cheap range of various makes over the years I bought a pair of leica last year I did not know binoculars could be so good pricey at a grand but I will never need to buy again. If you can get German or Austrian even second hand and you will never look back. I can see into the dark shadows of the trees at over 800 yards with them. Also as a low light glass they are far superior to my mates Bushnell ledgend HD ones but his ones are not bad if you take into consideration the price difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

Get a pair of zeiss, swarovski or leica, the lenses are so much better than the far eastern stuff. Buy a good pair once and look after them , you'll have them for years.

http://youtu.be/hdvYtxMrDZE

Advertisement