Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Apple charger exchange program

• 19-08-2013 11:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭

I read somewhere that this program will be available in Ireland but no mention of it on the Apple Ireland website. Anyone know how it's going to work here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭jd6677

I'm guessing it’s via Apple Authorized Service Providers:

http://www.apple.com/support/usbadapter-takeback/other_countries.html

It has the price listed for Ireland :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Any hope of a trade in on the iPhone 5 cables, there pure dirt even the genuine apple ones fall apart and get highly dangerous.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Any hope of a trade in on the iPhone 5 cables, there pure dirt even the genuine apple ones fall apart and get highly dangerous.

I think this program is mainly for third party adapters. Apple usually replace official adapters that are fraying or potentially dangerous for free, even outside of warranty. Of course, getting an AASP over here to do this is another matter. But since it's an iPhone 5 it would still be in warranty, so you shouldn't have any problem getting a replacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Simon201

€10...sweet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Simon201 wrote: »
    €10...sweet!

In was in touch with Compu B and they told me that they will be participating in this. They were just waiting on a start date from apple.

As for the iPhone 5 cables. If you ring apple they will generally replace them, they did 2 for me recently. The replacements were the same so I don't expect them to last forever. In fact I bought 2 non genuine cables from a seller on adverts for a couple of euro and they're holding up well so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭dermiestv

Do you know if there is anyone around Drogheda, North Dublin participating in the exchange programme?

I phoned Harvey Norman and Curry's to be told they weren't.

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭ozmo

following thread.. If anyone sees CompuB has startied doing the trade in can you let us know please... ta.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

ozmo wrote: »
    following thread.. If anyone sees CompuB has startied doing the trade in can you let us know please... ta.

Just phoned CompuB - they've started now - bring in charger plus serial number of your idevice and they'll send it back to apple who will approve the replacement within a couple of days. Then just pay your tenner for a genuine charger. Cables are not covered :(

Advertisement