Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CEX

• 19-08-2013 11:17pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Was in there today....alas the xbox/ps3 game prices are very high....The Last Of Us for 55 Euro second hand......:rolleyes:

I asked about two games, Far Cry 3...had two prices, one was 35 the other 15...i asked what was the difference?

Yer wan took them all off the shelf :mad: .....so you can bet they'll all be 35 now :rolleyes:

Same with Sniper Elite....took em off the shelf, they have computer parts as well, CPUs/graphics cards etc, most Wii/xbox/ps3....mobile phones.

Snoop and you'll find bargains, i did spot some and said nothing to the staff after they pulled the games.

Btw....the girl working in there.....:eek: , model level....yer too good for that store!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Pity to see more pawn/cash for stolen goods stores on the city

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

There are some bargains to be had but I think you have to look to find them.

Re Far Cry 3, yeah that looked like a misprice alright.

The staff are very nice indeed, very helpful. As for the "model" girl, I'm sure both her and the rest of them are happy in there. CeX are apparently a great company to work for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

bigpink wrote: »
    Pity to see more pawn/cash for stolen goods stores on the city

be handy for games but not a hope I'd buy electronics out of there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

If anything, it'd be easier to recover stolen electronics as long as you know the serial number in the first place. Easier to check in local second hand stores than trawling the buyandsell/donedeal etc.

Must check this place out soon though, haven't been there yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

roast wrote: »
    If anything, it'd be easier to recover stolen electronics as long as you know the serial number in the first place. Easier to check in local second hand stores than trawling the buyandsell/donedeal etc.

Must check this place out soon though, haven't been there yet.

See it all the time, people buy 2nd hand iphones for 100 quid and are then surprised when they turn out to have been reported stolen and blacklisted :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

They have some anime in there for good prices :3

krudler wrote: »
    See it all the time, people buy 2nd hand iphones for 100 quid and are then surprised when they turn out to have been reported stolen and blacklisted :rolleyes:

Fair point, mobiles would be a different story altogether.

was in there very dear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Which one has the model looks?

1174820_383456158447050_1552603142_n.jpg

They staff?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Nah, burglars...

Must be a big store that's a lot of staff.At least its jobs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Anyone else notice the head peaking in through the door? :pac:

bigpink wrote: »
    They staff?

Some are the Limerick staff and others are trainers.

Limerick staff are the girl sitting second to left, the entire front standing row (with maybe the exception of one lad in the middle), and the guy with glasses in the back row is the manager. Very nice guy, know him a while.

I'm going to be bringing a ton of stuff in there at the weekend. Rack up some credit and see what I can buy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I'm going to be bringing a ton of stuff in there at the weekend. Rack up some credit and see what I can buy.

Can you only get store credit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭flutered

Anyone else notice the head peaking in through the door? :pac:

the burgaler, while they are busy he struck

Can you only get store credit?

You can get cash too, but the trade value is better than the cash value.

To sell stuff to CeX do I need to bring photo ID etc like I used to have to do with Cash Converters/Cash Convenience?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

To sell stuff to CeX do I need to bring photo ID etc like I used to have to do with Cash Converters/Cash Convenience?
    You just need some basic ID like a bank card with your name on it if you just want credit but for cash you need something like a driver's license or passport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭moby2101

Guys..
    A heads up if your selling stuff..
    I was doing a clearout of stuff and found I had a whole host of Boxsets Wire Sopranos Breakind bad Entourage etc..
    Decided to take them in to CeX..
    They offered me 55 which I was willing to take but I
    forgot to bring my drivers licence so was going back to car when I saw there's a similar shop on Roches St ..dropped in there and they offered me 80 for the same lot of dvd's!
    Worth shopping around folks!

• Advertisement

I see a lot of people buying & selling stuff in there

place is overpriced for used stuff & give you next to noting for your valuables

I see a lot of people buying & selling stuff in there

place is overpriced for used stuff & give you next to noting for your valuables

I dont think that's true - they offer good money for stuff. Some of their trade in prices for used games are second to none tbh.

I think it's quite handy actually. Saves me having to go on eBay and pay a fortune for postage for Wii remotes, Nunchuks etc and I don't have to wait for the postman! Also the fact you can check the Limerick store's stock online too is very handy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I dont think that's true - they offer good money for stuff. Some of their trade in prices for used games are second to none tbh.

They were absolutely ripping people off at €600 for a ps4 at Christmas

Console only

Won't be going there ever again

They were absolutely ripping people off at €600 for a ps4 at Christmas

Console only

Won't be going there ever again

They were also giving 512 trade in for the 400 euro console tbf. Anyways, that wasn't the point I was making. I rarely buy off them, I mostly trade in stuff.

Brought in 4 fairly decent games last week. Left with 150 quid (not credit) in my pocket.

I've spotted some good stuff in there, haven't actually bought anything as of yet but the prices seem decent to me.

Also.... I wouldn't blame any business for jacking up the prices a bit for the ps4 at the peak of it's demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭The Sky

The shop on Roches street is Cash Encounters, great shop with brilliant customer service!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

roast wrote: »
    I've spotted some good stuff in there, haven't actually bought anything as of yet but the prices seem decent to me.

Also.... I wouldn't blame any business for jacking up the prices a bit for the ps4 at the peak of it's demand.

50% above the RRP is a joke and it's certainly not a bit

I didnt see tesco or HMV or anyone else trying it? Sure they could all do with the extra few €€€

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

50% above the RRP is a joke and it's certainly not a bit

I didnt see tesco or HMV or anyone else trying it? Sure they could all do with the extra few €€€

One of the Hilco owned brands did try a bit of a rip off stunt before Xmas with the new console releases.

Was either in Xtravision branches or HMV ones. Folks who had pre ordered one of the new consoles arrived on release day to pay for a get their consoles only to be told that they now had to buy an extra game if they wanted to buy the console they had pre ordered.

The NCA got involved and there was quite a bit of publicity about it at the time. So other companies were trying to fleece customers when the new consoles came out.

Edit: it was in the Xtravision/Xtravision-HMV branches.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/life/technology-gadgets/xtravision-hits-rewind-on-xboxone-and-ps4-preorder-policy-after-backlash-from-angry-gamers-29786536.html

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/consumer/xtra-vision-forced-into-u-turn-over-xbox-sale-1.1608005

http://businessetc.thejournal.ie/xtra-vision-xbox-2-1192946-Nov2013//

The NCA got involved and there was quite a bit of publicity about it at the time.

• Advertisement

Xtra-vision eh? The same people that were pleading with customers to support their local shop when they were in receivership

Advertisement