Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sending irish breakfast meat to the Philippines

Options
  • 19-08-2013 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hi, my brother is living out in the Philippines and is dying for a full irish. Just wondering if anyone knows of company's that would sending him a ''hamper'' of sausages/rashers/pudding ? Or if it would be possible to post one??
    Hope this is the right forum
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,403 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Fungums wrote: »
    Hi, my brother is living out in the Philippines and is dying for a full irish. Just wondering if anyone knows of company's that would sending him a ''hamper'' of sausages/rashers/pudding ? Or if it would be possible to post one??
    Hope this is the right forum
    Thanks

Not sure about that one - you'd need to keep the meat refrigerated, I would think. Also, local import/export laws may inhibit the products from entering.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Not sure how different this is but my brother and sister visited me recently and I requested rashers, sausages and some pudding. No issues at all with it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Caonima

No international food stores over there in the Fallopians, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Don't they have pigs and butchers in the Philippines?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Fungums

mike65 wrote: »

Apparently ''its not the same'' and he also wants Clonakilty pudding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

mike65 wrote: »
    Do you actually think many Filipino butchers know or even care about how to make and Irish style sausage . Its very hard to get irish style sausages in Europe, never mind pudding and the likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 SCBER

Try britishcornershop.co.uk
    I know they also do non european countries. Not sure if the refrigeration option is also there for countries outside of europe.

Good luck. I live abroad too and know that craving for the Irish breakfast!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Having visited the Philippines I must say that the food there is absolutely appalling and just lacks any flavor or substance so I can sympathize with the OP's brother. Everything is either fried or loaded with Sugar and being obese is a symbolism of wealth so they lap up that garbage in the sprawling SM malls in every city. Yuck!

Advertisement