Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Filling out my BTEA form!

Options
  • 19-08-2013 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

I've just recieved my offer today from the CAO and now I need to fill out my application for BTEA. It has me a little confused and I was looking for a little advice-

Question 13. Please give details of all second level and third level courses you have completed and year(s).
    Examples of qualifications include Junior, Intermediate or Leaving Certificate, FETAC level courses or third level courses such as HETAC level courses, Degree, Honours Degree, H. Dip., Post Graduate Diploma or Masters (MA) or qualifications in any other country.

Should I include my Junior AND Leaving Certificate?

Also it has a part Please specify award type- Full, Major, Minor, Special Purpose
    I don't understand these at all. Would my secondary exams be full?

I also have a level 7 Ordinary Degree, would this be a full award?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

sunflowa wrote: »
    Should I include my Junior AND Leaving Certificate?

Yes you can include both
    Also it has a part Please specify award type- Full, Major, Minor, Special Purpose
    I don't understand these at all. Would my secondary exams be full?

Full, Major...etc refer to FETAC and HETAC awards. It doesn't really apply to Leaving cert.

I also have a level 7 Ordinary Degree, would this be a full award?

Usually yes. If your level 7 was only a partial credit / special purpose award you would know.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭sunflowa

Thanks so much for your help!

The people at my social welfare office didn't have a clue and even tried to give me a 2009 form!

I hope it goes through ok :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭abceire

Ring the BTEA people , they're very helpful and friendly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭abceire

Tel:(071) 967 2616
    Locall:1890 927 999
    BTEA numbers.
    I filled mine in yesterday and dropped it in, good luck!

Advertisement