Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solo travel Portugal

Options
  • 20-08-2013 1:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    My dad is planning to go to Portugal in a couple of months and has everything booked including direct private transfers to his hotel. He is new to travelling abroad so I am a bit apprehensive for him. I know he will be able to travel from Ireland to Faro without any problems but I am worried that when he arrives at Faro Airport to come home he will not know where to go. Is there any way he could be shown where to go in the airport in Portugal when he is leaving Portugal or will he be completely on his own without any assistance available?
    Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Ah you should re-assure your Dad as best you can that although he is travelling solo, he just won't be on his own. Their will always be helpful people assisting at airports, in my own experience anyways, and all willing to help with anything.

Just assure your Dad as much as you can that he will be okay as I have no doubts that he will be & that assistance will be there should be need it. Should as he may not actually need it and may well be just fine ;) I know you are apprehensive, but I don't think you should be!

Wish your Dad Happy & Stress-free Flights,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

There will be more people who speak English in Faro airport than people who speak Portuguese. He'll have no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

it's not that big an Airport and there are plenty who speak English.

Advertisement