Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nicest towns/villages in Leitrim

• 20-08-2013 2:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to move out of Dublin and into Leitrim. After 15 years, I'm fed up with a combination of the noise and the mortgage.

So the idea would be to buy a place in Leitrim that's peaceful and friendly. Any suggestions of a pleasant place to put down roots in the county?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ferretone

Recommend anywhere up around Manorhamilton area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 82 ✭✭ljcoolk

Dromod is a beautiful spot worth checking out

• Registered Users Posts: 27 ofwoods

Carrick On Shannon is a good town.....It has the Dock Arts Centre so there is regularly good concerts on as well as theatre and some art exhibitions.
    You have most of the facilities you will need.
    The town can be busy with Hens and Stag parties at the weekend....whatever you may think of that.

Leitrim Village is a quiet little village by the Shannon which is close to Carrick On Shannon....and close to Drumshanbo which has the Joe Mooney Summerschool every July which is great if you like traditional music.

Manorhamilton could also be good as it has the Glens Centre so it also regularly has concerts and theatre.
    You'd be closer to Sligo living in Manorhamilton.

Dromahair is also a nice little village which is close to Manorhamilton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Nice county. Nice people. Whenever I'm there I feel I'm in the Ireland of long ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭IrishLad2012

Duck Soup wrote: »
    I'm looking to move out of Dublin and into Leitrim. After 15 years, I'm fed up with a combination of the noise and the mortgage.

So the idea would be to buy a place in Leitrim that's peaceful and friendly. Any suggestions of a pleasant place to put down roots in the county?
    One of the most nicest villages in Leitrim IMO is Lurganboy, only 1 mile from Manorhamilton but an absolutely beautiful place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 74 ✭✭terenurebob

I moved from Dublin to Leitrim a couple of years ago to Drumshanbo. Drumshanbo is a beautiful area with the Shannon river, Lough Allen an Sliabh An Iarainn on the doorstep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

Dromod also hosts a Transport Museum with a couple of narrow gauge deisel locos, some esoteric steam engines and one friendly neighborhood museum curator. While there, the ex Irish Air Corps Chipmunk and the Perceival Provost can be checked out as well.

Advertisement