Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burning Man 2013

Options
  • 20-08-2013 9:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭

Well, inspired by seeing Spark locally tonight [also available on iTunes - in the US anyway possibly not in Ireland]

Any Irish burners or virgins heading out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Live Radio from the Playa
    http://bmir-ice.streamguys.com/live.m3u

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

What did you think of Spark? A fellow burner friend of mine from SF was telling me to check it out but I'm in Australia so itunes won't let me download it :mad: Was it worth the watch?

No BRC for me this year - due to money/time off work etc I can only go every second year, which is the even years for me. Myself and a few friends from Melbourne are creating a theme camp for Burning Seed, the Aussie regional burn in October which should give me my fix for 2013. Haven't been to the Aussie one yet but there's a decent burner community in Melbourne so I reckon it'll be good. Still a week long but less than 1000 people so it'll be strange.

Did you get to go this year?

What did you think of Spark? A fellow burner friend of mine from SF was telling me to check it out but I'm in Australia so itunes won't let me download it :mad: Was it worth the watch?

Spark is excellent, beautifully shot, funny, and with a warts and all approach to the BMORG.
    No BRC for me this year - due to money/time off work etc I can only go every second year, which is the even years for me. Myself and a few friends from Melbourne are creating a theme camp for Burning Seed, the Aussie regional burn in October which should give me my fix for 2013. Haven't been to the Aussie one yet but there's a decent burner community in Melbourne so I reckon it'll be good. Still a week long but less than 1000 people so it'll be strange.

Did you get to go this year?

Nope, I have never been to BRC - not in any hurry, the Texas regionals are amazing; Austin being probably the most creative city in the US, and I hope to se a regional kick start her in New Mexico - we have the desert for it anyway.

Check out the regional in NZ too... http://kiwiburn.com

http://www.ustream.tv/burningman

The man burns now...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Yeah, I was watching the live stream yesterday but it kept dropping out. Got to see the pre-burn fireworks but missed the actual burn itself :mad:

I'd say the Austin regional would be great - I was camped beside two guys from Austin last year and they had been to a few regionals and said Austin was one of the better ones they'd been to.

I haven't been to the Kiwiburn yet but I'll get there one day. The problem is it's always on the same weekend as Rainbow Serpent, one of the better Aussie festivals. The Kiwi and Aussie regionals have a lot of the same organisers. The Kiwi one has been around a lot longer so I'd imagine it's better. This is only the 4th year for the Aussie one so I'm sure there are still some growing pains.

Of all the regionals, I really want to get to the Afrikaburn some day. It looks amazing!

You should really try get to BRC someday. You're lucky that you even live in the same country

• Advertisement
Advertisement